• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
holy crap.. do i have the worst luck or what?

last year this happened to my left boot:

I had it sent back to Alden and they repaired it.

The post-repairs were sloppy IMHO (stitching wasn't centered all around - check out the pic) but I didn't think too much. I guess I should have seen this coming:

Both times, during winter too. I guess this will give me an excuse to buy new boots for fall/winter as these boots will be sent back again.. ..

What a waste of time.

Sorry to see those! Bit of a bummer!

-Mike

Bbombers85

Reaction score
holy crap.. do i have the worst luck or what?

last year this happened to my left boot:

I had it sent back to Alden and they repaired it.

The post-repairs were sloppy IMHO (stitching wasn't centered all around - check out the pic) but I didn't think too much. I guess I should have seen this coming:

Both times, during winter too. I guess this will give me an excuse to buy new boots for fall/winter as these boots will be sent back again.. ..

What a waste of time.
I had the same issue with my indys from J. Crew. They took them back (after a year and bunch of wears). They sent me another pair with a bunch of loose grain creasing, which I wore a few times and got sick of looking at and sent back. They finally sent me a pair which I am happy with. When my first pair had the same issue as yours, I wasn't quite sure what to make of it. I was bummed because that pair had the best leather consistency and least creasing of the three. I don't believe the above is an issue as much as it is aesthetically unappealing. Perhaps try pushing the welt back a bit? I wish I had toyed a bit more with mine.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Spoke to Anatomica manager, very nice gentlemen. I had size 8.5D on hold but decided to pass:

1 - I never tried Modified last

2 - I might get hit with customs/taxes and the price will jump by at least $150 +

3 - I'm waiting for cigar and ravello ct boots from my best friend Kathy and the cost of Anatomica pt with customs fees = both pairs

I think I'm still making mistake not purchasing these from Anatomica..

nephew, your decision is correct in not making the purchase

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am curious what the average age is in here if anyone feels like divulging. I am currently 31 and got my first Alden early this year, twas the 403 Indy and I am actually wearing them today.

Since then during the year I have added:
NATCXLPTB
Whiskey LHS
Ravello LWB
Snuff Suede Chukka
Whiskey PTB (arriving tomorrow!)

Top 5 Alden Want List (mostly rotating as I see new stuff posted here lol):
Cigar Cap toe boot
Leffot Dover
Cigar PTB
NATCXLNST boot
Cigar LWB

Last edited:

RevisIsland

Reaction score
First pair of Alden's were at 24. Five years later and I'm up to a baker's dozen (all Shell).
I am curious what the average age is in here if anyone feels like divulging. I am currently 31 and got my first Alden early this year, twas the 403 Indy and I am actually wearing them today. Since then during the year I have added: NATCXLPTB Whiskey LHS Ravello LWB Snuff Suede Chukka Whiskey PTB (arriving tomorrow!) Top 5 Alden Want List (mostly rotating as I see new stuff posted here lol): Cigar Cap toe boot Leffot Dover Cigar PTB NATCXLNST boot Cigar LWB

Last edited:

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nephew, your decision is correct in not making the purchase

Thanks Uncle, decided to pull the trigger. I think this is one chance in a lifetime to get banana Modified last and PT boot in Ravello shell.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
15zo4dt.jpg

ravello wt, argyles otc
2cid9ib.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily