• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Killer photos mdubs.
Thanks for sharing.

Yes indeed Sir Dubs. I think your recent week's footwear would render me dead and in heaven were I to possess such a collection! Although, I might have to make a deal with the devil to get there...
decisions.gif
Outstanding my friend!!

Last edited:

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike (mdubs), your collection is outstanding. I am truly in awe. :happy:

Did I read in one of your postings that you take a 10 B in the barrie last? I ask because i wear a 10 A/ C in barrie, and have found that many retailers (leffot, leather soul, etc...) only offer D widths on their longwings, boots, chukkas, etc... I am nervous about purchasing 10 B / D when 10 A / C is a better fit.

Can you or anyone here offer advice on how to get some new Aldens on my damn narrow feet?

AHS

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ pre-orders are pretty much the only way. Start calling all the retailers and ask them to put your name and size down on their lists for the next run of any make-up you want. I've been able to get rare shells in narrow widths this way.

mbaum

Reaction score
Yeah, I am slightly delinquent with posting photos... So here is my massive shoe upload...
-Mike

Holy f***ing cow. That is impressive! And all of them look stellar. And I thought I am going overboard with getting half a dozen shell Aldens this year ...

Cigar LWBs from Adam came in the same day than the redone Leffot LWBs. Both look stellar. Leffot was supper friendly to deal with and the antique edge is all cleaned up ... and already taken out for a maiden voyage ...

Mike

Last edited:

inn8chiro

Reaction score
Does anyone have the email for Alden DC. I called and talked to them about getting on the cigar captoe list, but I think they got my email wrong and don't have time to call back today.
Thanks!!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Mike (mdubs), your collection is outstanding. I am truly in awe. :happy:

Did I read in one of your postings that you take a 10 B in the barrie last? I ask because i wear a 10 A/ C in barrie, and have found that many retailers (leffot, leather soul, etc...) only offer D widths on their longwings, boots, chukkas, etc... I am nervous about purchasing 10 B / D when 10 A / C is a better fit.

Can you or anyone here offer advice on how to get some new Aldens on my damn narrow feet?

AHS

^ pre-orders are pretty much the only way. Start calling all the retailers and ask them to put your name and size down on their lists for the next run of any make-up you want. I've been able to get rare shells in narrow widths this way.

Thanks. I am a 10.5B on the Barrie. As BG states, pre-ordering is the key to success. It does require more patience, but good things come to those who wait. Just be careful to not get on too many lists, cause they sometimes all come in at once and that can be a little daunting at times.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@lifeinabox

those boots are awesome. You can cover a lot of ground in those 2 styles.

Naval boots for me today

2kgt

Reaction score
Really looking forward to the Leffot #8 Naval boot arrival this fall.

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks. I am a 10.5B on the Barrie. As BG states, pre-ordering is the key to success. It does require more patience, but good things come to those who wait. Just be careful to not get on too many lists, cause they sometimes all come in at once and that can be a little daunting at times.

Beatlegeuse and mdubs, thanks.

AHS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics