• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10xy2yt.jpg

cigar lhs
argyles otc
e8aecn.jpg
Fabulous, Uncle!

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just an update on my PSA from before. There is a retailer who has an open pre-order for ravello lwb. If people are interested I will pass along info. I have replied to a bunch of PM's (and I didn't even get on the order!) but it appears it is still open.

circleslife

Reaction score

FWIW, I placed my deposit in October of 2013. My size is fairly common (8D Barrie) and LS was able to add me. If you're interested it wouldn't hurt to call them and ask. 
thanks. I will. But with ravello nst, lwb and cigar lwb I need to leave some space for a special makeup. Already hurting for passing ravello sw boot. I just don't think I will use it.

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my Cigar Pitt boots today, will post pics this weekend.
biggrin.gif

movoblast

Reaction score
I ordered 3 ravellos wow. I took Mike's approach of buy now, think later. I'll most likely keep 2 of them and pass the third pair on to a fellow member who missed the PSA. Just a week or two ago, I was wondering if I'd ever own anything in ravello and now I'm deciding which one I'll keep. The Alden game is so unpredictable!

Last edited:

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered 3 ravellos wow. I took Mike's approach of buy now, think later. I'll most likely keep 2 of them and pass the third pair on to a fellow member who missed the PSA. Just a week or two ago, I was wondering if I'd ever own anything in ravello and now I'm deciding which one I'll keep. The Alden game is so unpredictable!

I wish I was in a position to take that approach, I would probably find myself liking many more models in person. It takes careful planning and prioritizing to keep my wants in order, I try to keep a top 3 list and jump only on those if they pop up and funds are available. The problem is that the top 3 changes all the time haha

At the moment the top 3 are: (based on filing holes in my current line up)
Whiskey Indy, any last but trubalance, on commando (might settle for Tanker)
Cigar LWB, Barrie on double leather or water lock (medium or dark antique edge)
Whiskey LWB, Barrie on double leather

This list will likely change as quickly as one of you guys posting an amazing model I have yet to see lol

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wish there was some way to know if these newer batches of Ravello are going to be like recent batches or the older batches of Ravello. Don't really like new color but old color is probably my favorite shade of any shoe.

Also Daytripper and Ravello Plain toe? Passed last time due to redundancy but damn tempted if there is a chance

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wish there was some way to know if these newer batches of Ravello are going to be like recent batches or the older batches of Ravello. Don't really like new color but old color is probably my favorite shade of any shoe.

Also Daytripper and Ravello Plain toe? Passed last time due to redundancy but damn tempted if there is a chance

Agreed. I'm going to send the WT boots right back if they're "old cigar".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads