• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cincikid

Reaction score
Just got an email and thought I'd give you guys the heads-up: Herring Shoes offers free worldwide delivery on all orders over 150 pounds until the end of April. They have some great stuff on their website.

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't help but agree as these boot offerings are all slightly off to me. I like the concept of that chamois NST boot but the single flex soles just look weird to me. The make calls for commando, double leather, or (yeah, I'll go there) even crepe.
I picked up the NST boots, I had been waiting for the style for a bit now as I heard it was comming a few weeks back. I can live with the sole, I would of prefered commando but the part that was almost the deal breaker with me is the speed hooks. I hate these stupid things, I feel like I am always tying my shoes. There due in on Wednesday. I'll put up some pics.

I keep holding faith that I'll luck my way into the LS Chocolate Tankers, so I always hold on that color suede.

jkater1

Reaction score

I'm on the fence as I know the second I sell them I'll want another pair :)

Haha, I'm the same, but I know I wouldn't be able to get another pair of jumpers in cigar. But on the other hand, I've probably only worn them 3-4 times and the last time I beleive was over a year ago.

Vicious49

Reaction score
That's more than I weigh
smile.gif

You wouldn't ship for free then.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I picked up the NST boots, I had been waiting for the style for a bit now as I heard it was comming a few weeks back. I can live with the sole, I would of prefered commando but the part that was almost the deal breaker with me is the speed hooks. I hate these stupid things, I feel like I am always tying my shoes. There due in on Wednesday. I'll put up some pics.

I keep holding faith that I'll luck my way into the LS Chocolate Tankers, so I always hold on that color suede.
Looking forward to your pics. Despite what I said, I really like them -- I just don't love them. Commando soles and I'd probably pull trigger.

gforce

Reaction score
So...,,,,,after waiting for about 2 years and paying in full when I got confirmation in November, I was informed this morning that my whiskey LWB order "never made it into the system" and I'm out of luck . Bummer

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So...,,,,,after waiting for about 2 years and paying in full when I got confirmation in November, I was informed this morning that my whiskey LWB order "never made it into the system" and I'm out of luck . Bummer

That's more than a bummer, especially if they took full payment already...

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Wow, that is ridiculous and very unfortunate! Did you get your money back???

-Mike

Last edited:

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sounds like you should be given the option of a full refund ASAP. Or perhaps your order should be filled quickly at a discount with some freebies. Can't Alden/store requisition something from elsewhere in the world? I am sure many will be curious to hear which store did this.

I have always thought paying up front with that kind of lead time is ridiculous by itself.

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Sounds like you should be given the option of a full refund ASAP. Or perhaps your order should be filled quickly at a discount with some freebies. Can't Alden/store requisition something from elsewhere in the world? I am sure many will be curious to hear which store did this.

I have always thought paying up front with that kind of lead time is ridiculous by itself.

If its the Whiskey LWB, pretty much guaranteed to be NY...

gforce

Reaction score

Sounds like you should be given the option of a full refund ASAP. Or perhaps your order should be filled quickly at a discount with some freebies. Can't Alden/store requisition something from elsewhere in the world. I am sure many will be curious to hear which store did this.

Apparently, when I gave them my CC number they didn't run it through or something. ..............They were very nice about it explaining there's no more whiskey, and they would offer me a discount in the future. Maybe I wasn't supposed to have those shoes anyway..........:satisfied:

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads