• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I'm 37 at the moment and my weight has been pretty consistent over the last 7 years. Guess I better keep doing some cardio so I don't gain weight once I pass 40. I was expecting to gain some as I passed 30 but luckily that didn't happen.
Weight gained in one's 30s is fairly easy to lose with diet and working out. Weight gained in one's 40s or older, seems impossible! Keep those good habits going friends...

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: These are the 2145...

They are built on the Aberdeen last as opposed to the Alt Wein's barrie last. The 2145 are readily available at Alden DC, SF, Madison, and Shoe Mart. No offense to DonL's beautiful Alt Weins, but I prefer the aberdeen last to barrie for this make-up. I recently saw a 2145 up for auction on ebay where the owner had sanded and changed the edge to light/antique. Very interesting maneuver.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
I'm with you RTP. I would prefer them on the Aberdeen as well.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are the 2145...

They are built on the Aberdeen last as opposed to the Alt Wein's Barrie last. The 2145 are readily available at Alden DC, SF, Madison, and Shoe Mart. No offense to DonL's beautiful Alt Weins, but I prefer the aberdeen last to barrie for this make-up. I recently saw a 2145 up for auction on ebay where the owner had sanded and changed the edge to light/antique. Very interesting maneuver.
The Aberdeen presents a much better Dress shoe but the Alt Wein style or Budapester is a beefy beast on double leather sole with a light/antique edge and a nice casual alternative I find more versatile for my wardrobe. 2145's are an Alden classic style

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Model 2145 is emblematic of the fact that Alden's best designs are their under-appreciated stock models.

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Aberdeen presents a much better Dress shoe but the Alt Wein style or Budapester is a beefy beast on double leather sole with a light/antique edge and a nice casual alternative I find more versatile for my wardrobe. 2145's are an Alden classic style
Well said sir.......and I have to give credit to RTPs photo skills in bringing this model to my attention as I had definitely overlooked it in the past. That last photo really does it justice.

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ funny that they refer to it as an Indy boot. i guess the russians have a different definition of Indy...

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Come to think of it, I can't remember seeing an Alden Balmoral, at least not posted in here anyways. Hmmm . . .

And those are just mine. Many have been posted by others as well. But you do have a point. Only a small portion of the pics in this thread are bals.

I imagine they have some sort of contract with foreign retailers that guarantees them exclusive rights in their perspective markets and will not allow U.S. retailers, who are not subject to any import tariff, to compete.
Not sure if that is the reason, but your theory demonstrates sound logic.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've only tried 1 pair of Trickers so far but didn't find them all that appealing and I love British footwear. It could have been the particular shoe/last that I tried. I like Crockett & Jones but their lasts are too sleek for what I normally wear. If I wore a suit everyday though I'd be all over C&J. I loved my Alfred Sargents but Aldens Barrie and TruBalance lasts seem a much better fit for my feet so I'd rather have Aldens for my semi-casual needs. I have kept 4 pairs of dress shoes that aren't Alden - brown Churchs, black C&J, walnut/tan AS and a black captoe AS. Come to think of it, I can't remember seeing an Alden Balmoral, at least not posted in here anyways. Hmmm . . . 

My black punch captoe balmoral and my color 8 balmoral wingtips (Brooks Brothers) are two of my most worn pairs. I also have cigar bal captoes that get a good amount of wear (less so recently with the weather... maybe i'll wear them tomorrow).

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ the #8 BB wingtip is awesome.

Rtp, love the 2145. Very nice I love #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads