• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Absolutely crushing it this week! Ravello Wingtip boot segue #4 captoe boot segue #8 Plaza boot. Dayum! Cigar is in order for tomorrow for sure 

I sure hope so! I'm sure Mr.DV has five days of absolutely sickening boot make-ups. Where is the guy eating popcorn gif when you need it?

ClassyCanuck

Reaction score
On a beautiful fall day here inToronto, some selvedge and Chromexcel Bluchers .
Just love these shoes, they fit like slippers.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ Wow Mr.DV! Love them!

Thank you tifosi.

^ For crying out loud, somebody PLEASE buy the 9ds!!! Seeing those is killing me.

Boots like that make me realize I don't need cigar, ravello, etc. Color 8 never looked better IMO.

FYI, these fit me tts. Just in case you decide to jump on the 9d. The color is very nice on these.

Absolutely crushing it this week! Ravello Wingtip boot segue #4 captoe boot segue #8 Plaza boot. Dayum! Cigar is in order for tomorrow for sure 

Thanks for the kind words rydenfan.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found out from alden SF that the edge dressing used in factory is from prime leather finishes. Don't know where to get their products though.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
I bought a pair of 403's in the Spring of 2012 and the top two speed hooks feel loose. I am worried that they might eventually fall out. Has anybody else had this problem before? Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I bought a pair of 403's in the Spring of 2012 and the top two speed hooks feel loose. I am worried that they might eventually fall out. Has anybody else has this problem before? Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

You can get eyelets put in their place. Not sure what this costs, but I am considering it for my Indys.

tampatravel

Reaction score
Well fellas...I needed a 75% for my Series 66 test today and I got an 83%.

The J.Crew cap toe boots in #8 shell are MINE :)

Whew!

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Well fellas...I needed a 75% for my Series 66 test today and I got an 83%.

The J.Crew cap toe boots in #8 shell are MINE :)

Whew!

If I were you I'd buy a pair for every percent over 75 I got....LMAO

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dark brown or snuff suede chukka? already have snuff longwing and a Viberg boot that's a lighter suede between tan and snuff, so i'm thinking dark brown

how green is the green suede chukka?

(can't find navy in my size.)

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

dark brown or snuff suede chukka? already have snuff longwing and a Viberg boot that's a lighter suede between tan and snuff, so i'm thinking dark brown

Personally, I'm partial to Alden's snuff color for the suede, but wouldn't turn my nose up at the dark brown. I have a handful of shoes and boots in the snuff suede and can think of a few more I still want. I just think that's one of the nicest suede colors that any of the comparable shoemakers use. I think their suede is often overshadowed in many forums by the love of shell cordovan.

In the end, you won't go wrong with either choice though.

GooseG

Reaction score

how green is the green suede chukka?

(can't find navy in my size.)
I'd go snuff. It's a great medium brown shade, with just a hint of orange. The shoes I have here are a little bit less washed out- the photo under office lighting isn't that great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics