***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Those blue suede chukkas are great - I retract my previous comment.

2. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

Are the navy chukkas from Leffot also?

3. seer

seer Senior member

Ok, I’m a novice with shell - I purchased my first pair about a month ago (PTB Color 8), but I worn the heck out of them! At first I just wiped them off with a damp cloth and brushed - everything was cool. Then I got caught in a rain storm, I ended up getting a few “water bumps” on the shoes (they are still there but you can hardly notice them. I decided to treat them. I only now use Venetian Shoe Cream - for three reason, one it is made in the US (which is important to me) two, it was recommended by Nick Horween (the maker of the leather) and three, it is very inexpensive. The shine this cream produces is incredible (not the least bit cloudy) and I noticed that on my way to church this morning the rain just beaded up. No water marks. The Venetian does a great job in protecting the leather from water damage. Finally I have not used shoe trees - and don’t plan to. The shoes still look great. And I have only use a dab of Kiwi on areas where there was a nick or scratch.

4. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Tassels HK.

5. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

6. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

It's obvious that you care about your footwear as the water welts bug you. With that being said and I don't means to offend you, but I really recommend shoe trees. The shoe trees absorb moisture and control odor & help maintain the shape of the shoe. Just a recommendation & I also don't recommend wearing the same footwear consecutive days. Take care proper care of your footwear & they'll look outstanding for years to come.

7. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Is there a reason you are opposed to shoe trees? I'm not trying to sell you on their benefit, just curious.

8. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Nice pair of blue suede.
    I have those same chukkas and just ordered the Indy boots too.
    That's probably more blue suede than necessary but this isn't really the thread for minimalism

9. Marcellionheart

Marcellionheart Senior member

I'm sad they sold out of the indys in my size so quickly. I was going to be in NYC this week too...

10. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

Signature worthy.

11. seer

seer Senior member

I'm close to 60, and never used trees. And I have had shoes last 20+ years that I only got rid of because I tired of them, they were still just fine. I just see no need for them.

12. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

A few months ago, you were saying that cordovan is overrated - now you own a pair and are headed for more. Within a month or two you will be using shoe trees.

13. JPFNY5

JPFNY5 Senior member

Although "Baller" may be considered "hilarious in this thread", I for one would bet that many on this thread were "Ballers" whose "Kicks" addiction paved the way for their "Alden Addiction" !!!

Hello...My name is John...and I have a "Shoe Addiction"...from humble beginnings to my "Midnight" Blues!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I threw in the Denim for "Laughs".
    Always have to have a sense of Humor @ here!!

14. seer

seer Senior member

Hehe, that is possible. But I doubt it. My Dad didn't use trees in his shells that he had for 30+ years. Using them in all kinds of weather. I was wrong about shell though - it is a stunning leather, and feels great around my foot.

15. borderline

borderline Senior member

I've been adding to the FAQ but the main new section is the "Anecdotal sizing info" at the bottom. Those with multiple lasts (calling NAMOR...) could add to this either by responding to this post or sending me a PM. Not sure how to get this in a more obvious accessible location without reposting it frequently, so ideas on that would be welcome as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.