• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
King semi brogue on Plaza

I waited years for these to rerelease. Had to pick up in black as well.

Even though they give me bs lines about exotics whenever I call, this makeup by Leather Soul is

View attachment 788896

Never seen that make, and I thought I had seen them all. Very nice makeup. Thanks for the pic.

RowdyRoddyPeeper

Reaction score
Hey guys, longtime lurker here. Just wondering whether anyone has seen a offering with this colour makeup in an oxford?

I love the colour combo with golden eyelets.

JCrew no longer offers this and if the Brogue makeup was an oxford, I would be all over it! Thanks!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Alden Whiskeys are from Epaulet, Shoe Mart, and Leather Soul.
Ravello are from Alden of Carmel (they're actually on crepe), LS, Epaulet, TSM, TSM.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Headed out for lunch with the wife and I felt a burning desire to have the best shoes in the place. Given where we went, it was pretty much a sure thing,

FullSizeRender.jpg

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Uncle,

Rest In Peace.

Nephew.

That is truly sad to hear as I enjoyed seeing Macs beautiful collection when he did post. Will plan to wear/post my king lwbs that day!

Mac will be sorely missed. A finer gentleman I have not met. Very sad to hear this news

Sorry to hear about Mac, I enjoyed his posts.

I googled "Alden shoes" a few years ago and found Uncle Mac's pictures. Those photos introduced me to the world of Alden and Shell Cordovan. I was immediately hooked and sold all my other shoes to make room for Aldens.
Mac warned me this would happen.

I was fortunate to develop a friendship with Mac beyond the Alden thread. He was one of my most interesting friends because we were so different in many ways. I learned to really value his input and will miss his point of view. He really cared about my family and my career. He was one of the good ones.

Like many, I stumbled on this site after searching for a shoe brand I had never heard of but was thinking of purchasing off of eBay. I had also never heard of shell cordovan. As time passed and my knowledge grew, I was always struck by how stupid many of my initial questions were and how a simple Google search would have answered most of my inquiries. It would have been much easier for someone to respond dismissively or with a simple "do a search" as I have seen many do. But no matter how silly the question, there was this gentleman who patiently responded and whose responses always carried with them a hint of class and dignity. I didn't know Mac personally, but the comments from Mike, Saz, and others describe the man I imagined he was. . I didn't realize until just now that don't own any wingtips, short or longwings. I have plenty of argyle socks (thanks to Mac) and lots of 8. I'll find an appropriate way to honor him on June 1.

My sincerest condolences to his family and may his soul rest in peace.

A gentleman indeed. His pictures brought me to this hobby five years ago.Cobble stone streets and argyle socks always remind me of him. Uncle, I will miss you.

Thank you mdubs for sharing the news of uncle Mac. When I first started getting interested In Nicer shoes and some finer things uncle macs pictures and posts were some of the first I came across. I only knew him through this forum and I have been absent lately, but his interactions here set a standard which I greatly admired and some like mdubs have followed.

Uncle, you set a standard of being a gentleman I aim to follow. Rest In Peace. - nephew.

Very sad news. Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing the news of Uncle Mac and your stories guys. He was my introduction to shell cordovan, like many of us, and he will truly be missed. I did not know him personally, just on the boards, but he influenced my Alden collection right from the beginning.

See you guys on King Wing Day.

- Jesse, Nephew

Uncle Mac was a cornerstone of this community. Rarely am I at a loss for words, but I'm not finding any. I remember being welcomed by him, and honored the first time he called me nephew.

I'll be wearing my only Color #8 on the first (my vintage Florsheim) in his memory, and raising a glass for him tonight - my Angel's Envy Rye seems the right choice. Rest in peace Uncle.

Very sad news about Mac, my thoughts are with his family and friends.
Will be wearing my 975s on June 1.

RIP McArthur. They should rename the king lwb after him. I'll be sure to get my Mac method on this weekend in memory of. I remember finding it odd that a man was calling other men nephew, before realizing it was a term of endearment. I'm happy to have been addressed by him on occasion. His contributions have been and will continue to be missed.

Remember gents, color 8 is king.

View attachment 788217 RIP Mac. Man I love to look at that mans pictures. True star to this form. Have a great holiday weekend gentleman.

Sad news, thoughts and prayers for Mac and his family.

I fondly remember the first time he commented on one of my images. I felt like I made the big leagues

So sad to hear that Uncle Mac passed. He was truly a great guy and a wealth on knowledge for our community. Prayers for his family and friends!

Agreed. Rest in peace sir. A true gentleman always makes newcomers feel welcome. Condolences to his family.

Thoughts and prayers for Mac and his family, I always enjoyed looking at all the great alden shoes and boots in his posts...

Apparently Uncle Mac was quite dedicated to his congregation and community also...not just about shoes.

Rest in peace, Mac. Truly a gentlemen, always. In his honor - wearing my boots the way they were meant to be worn, because they aren't Rembrandts after all. Color 8 is king.
View attachment 788362

Uncle Mac was a classic and dearly missed. He added levity to the forum .. RIP Uncle Mac. Nephew Chipshot

Saz thanks mucho for the update... had been wondering ..

Mac loved this makeup..
View attachment 788437

Rest In Peace, Mac. Thanks for your presence on this forum.

So sad to hear about Uncle Mac. His words of encouragement here with my shoe selfies were always welcomed. He would always disappear around tax time due to this work. Should have known something was up since he had stopped posting for a while now.

I know he provided lots of words of encouragement to many posters here. I primarily come to SF here about Alden b/c it is such a great, supportive community. One day I ended up in Ask Andy and he was also encouraging those guys over there! RIP, Unc.

Very sad to hear of Uncle Mac's passing. He was always such a gentleman, and became a minor celebrity to me long before I even purchased my first pair of Alden's.

Beautiful tribute from all you gents. I must say that the members of this thread honor Mac's memory through their geniality, kindness, and welcoming nature. It's definitely the classiest thread on SF, and Mac's influence had a lot to do with that.

Sad to hear about Uncle Mac`s departure.

Very sorry to learn of this fine gentleman's passing.

Wonderful tributes from you all. I have enjoyed reading this forum for the past several years, and as others have said, the congeniality and warmth that is shared here is noteworthy, and no doubt due to the classy standards and influence of the legendary Mac.

View attachment 788876 Just for you Uncle Mac this Memorial Day Weekend. RIP Regards to your family.. Nephew Chipshot

You will be missed by the community for ever..

Uncle Mac
D.E.P
Nephew Rafael

R.I.P. Uncle Mac.

Damn.

Gentlemen, thank you very much for all of your support. I am sure that Uncle Mac is smiling down upon us now.

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Hey guys, longtime lurker here. Just wondering whether anyone has seen a offering with this colour makeup in an oxford?

I love the colour combo with golden eyelets.

JCrew no longer offers this and if the Brogue makeup was an oxford, I would be all over it! Thanks!

View attachment 788993

View attachment 788994

View attachment 788995

View attachment 788996

Reddish-brown shoes look great with Brass. That is why I love my Brassvellos so much and the CitiTanker in Alpine Grain and Brass is great as well.

Shades of Whiskey and Ravello.

Back row Whiskey: C&J x 3, Alden x 3
Front row Ravello: All Alden.

In the sun.
View attachment 789289

Not in the sun. View attachment 789290

And Ravello again because I forgot a pair.
View attachment 789291 View attachment 789292

View attachment 789250

View attachment 789253

Just Dang Zippy, phenomenal collection going on there!

which shops do ravello lwb with dark edge. i like that.

Alden DC or Alden SF are the best modern shops to get this makeup from. Zippy has a very old special makeup of the Ravello LWB with the Crepe Sole. That was made many moons ago by Alden of Carmel. AoC does it now (when he gets it) on Antique.

Headed out for lunch with the wife and I felt a burning desire to have the best shoes in the place. Given where we went, it was pretty much a sure thing,

View attachment 789306

Looking great in your Antique'd V-Tips!

Long day and on the Navals boys.
View attachment 789410

Your Navals are looking just stellar today Misterg!

BB 8's w/ the foxing on heel.
View attachment 789454

Very nice Chippy, hard to beat the classics!

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads