• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The love guru

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saw it tonight and liked it very much. But I like Mike Myers humor. Pretty empty theater though. I expect it will be like Austin Powers and find its audience on DVD.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Was probably better than The Happening.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anything would be better than The Happening. Pushing children into traffic would be better than The Happening. I wouldn't see this movie. Saw Kung Fu Panda instead, and thought it was really 'cute.'

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that movie looks stupid. once they bust out the fart jokes, in the commercial, you know it's a bomb.

TUspiv

Reaction score
I've heard it was pretty terrible...the commercial had an inordinate amount of midget jokes in it and so I figured it would be pretty weak. But who knows? I saw Mongol tonight instead...go see it.

eidolon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
Anything would be better than The Happening. Pushing children into traffic would be better than The Happening.

Imagine that the children who got pushed into traffic had suffered with cancer for years, and on that very day they were told that they were in complete remission. The tears of joy, the future, once a bleak cause for depression that could make even strong men weep, now bright and flowery, their parents all but financially ruined but finally witnessing a light at the end of a tunnel. Then watching their children pushed into traffic and killed. The highest high and the lowest low, the fall all that more pronounced by the heights.

That is The Love Guru. It is horrendous. It is the Hitler of movies. Between a rock (Don't Mess with The Zohan, another ****** Adam Sandler movie) and a hard place (The Love Guru, another ****** Mike Myers movie) imagine that you are paralyzed and slowly invaded by a colony of spiders, rectally. They will use your anus as a breeding ground for years while you survive on rain water and dead flies killed by the spiders as you slowly atrophy completely. Years later, in a rare moment of lucidity, in defiance of the madness that has gripped you after years of imprisonment, will you realize that it wasn't a rock and a hard place, it was a rock outcropping from the same hard place, and The Love Guru was so bad that it not only eclipsed the awfulness of Adam Sandler but it actually devoured him, incorporating his essence into its' being.

Flieger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The above post is all kinds of awesome, I feel obliged to go see the movie now in order to share your pain.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eidolon
Imagine that the children who got pushed into traffic had suffered with cancer for years, and on that very day they were told that they were in complete remission. The tears of joy, the future, once a bleak cause for depression that could make even strong men weep, now bright and flowery, their parents all but financially ruined but finally witnessing a light at the end of a tunnel. Then watching their children pushed into traffic and killed. The highest high and the lowest low, the fall all that more pronounced by the heights.

That is The Love Guru. It is horrendous. It is the Hitler of movies. Between a rock (Don't Mess with The Zohan, another ****** Adam Sandler movie) and a hard place (The Love Guru, another ****** Mike Myers movie) imagine that you are paralyzed and slowly invaded by a colony of spiders, rectally. They will use your anus as a breeding ground for years while you survive on rain water and dead flies killed by the spiders as you slowly atrophy completely. Years later, in a rare moment of lucidity, in defiance of the madness that has gripped you after years of imprisonment, will you realize that it wasn't a rock and a hard place, it was a rock outcropping from the same hard place, and The Love Guru was so bad that it not only eclipsed the awfulness of Adam Sandler but it actually devoured him, incorporating his essence into its' being.

You made my morning.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eidolon

Wow - this quote just goes to show that great strife and torment is the genesis of great art.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
I have no interest in seeing the movie, but it is fun reading the reviews. A.O. Scott in the Times wrote one that was enjoyable:
http://movies.nytimes.com/2008/06/20...ve+guru&st=nyt

Wow, what a tool.

And I wonder why I don't read the times. He's blown one of the better set up jokes in the film (the joke itself is average, but the set-up is there). And no, I'm not referring to Mariska Hargitay, which itself is a pun.

I don't mind that people don't share the sense of humor, but to blow up one of the longer set-up jokes is low class. My guess is that Scott missed the set-up and some of the more sly humor that's included in the film.

Scott probably complained that he didn't understand why the guy kept spilling things on himself in Airplane.

But such is life.

Love guru is not as good as Austin Powers I, more like AP II.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads