• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
1. If you post on a thread you may read replies you don’t like or don’t agree with.

2. Even if you are named after a fictional gendarme that does not make you the site policeman.

1. Yes, but you can reply to the reply

2. I was not "the site policeman' in my reply to you. BTW Policemen and gendarme are two completely different things. Clouseau is from police not Gendarmerie. Gendarmerie is an Army corp, Police is civilian. I suppose your culture stop to England.
BTW, seeing your pseudo, like they say : "I always thought it weird when adults still went on about their old school, did they not do anything else in their life ?"

Once again, seeing your last post, i can't help thinking you are xenophobe. i had edited a previous post where i mentioned the racism you had shown on another thread, as it was out of context. But here, it is clear.

Cheers
PS i won't reply to you anymore.

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. Yes, but you can reply to the reply

2. I was not "the site policeman' in my reply to you. BTW Policemen and gendarme are two completely different things. Clouseau is from police not Gendarmerie. Gendarmerie is an Army corp, Police is civilian. I suppose your culture stop to England.
BTW, seeing your pseudo, like they say : "I always thought it weird when adults still went on about their old school, did they not do anything else in their life ?"

Once again, seeing your last post, i can't help thinking you are xenophobe. i had edited a previous post where i mentioned the racism you had shown on another thread, as it was out of context. But here, it is clear.

Cheers
PS i won't reply to you anymore.
‘You wouldn’t let it lie’ Vic & Bob

As regards the word ‘gendarme’. It does not matter about distinction between Army and Police.

To an English readership it is just a nice contrast between the word ‘policeman’ and a French word for a bloke in a kepi that they are familiar with.

If referring to furious Frenchmen upsets your PC sensibilities you can always sue me.

Au revoir

Jimmy Balantyne

Reaction score

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Enjoy your popcorn Guys, does it mean you don't fear of getting your hands dirty ? Or the contrary… :-D

A good way to show you don't, would be to participate in the new Challenge, 7 entries (Edit: 8, last one by EFV) so far and some are really good.
i am glad that @DonkeyJacket1 and @roytonboy are already in.
What about you ?

Deadline, February 2...

Last edited:

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enjoy your popcorn Guys, does it mean you don't fear of getting your hands dirty ? Or the contrary… :-D

A good way to show you don't, would be to participate in the new Challenge, 7 entries (Edit: 8, last one by EFV) so far and some are really good.
i am glad that @DonkeyJacket1 and @roytonboy are already in.
What about you ?

Deadline, February 2...
Well, Monsieur there are some good entries there.

I’ll see what I can do, but I have to admit it is a look I have always struggled to pull off.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
My entry for the Friday challenge

View attachment 1325217

Coat Daks, shirt Gant Rugger, jeans Levis 501 selvedge, shoes D&G, specs Tom Ford, PS Paul Smith.

It is a nice entry Yorky, i like everything (the Daks jacket is the dogs bollocks), but i am not a big fan of the shoes TBH…
Of course each to his own'...

With 17 entries so far it's a success ! Keep them coming !
With already 5 people from MtS/TLGO i am afraid it's going to be Cliquey though :-D

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is a nice entry Yorky, i like everything (the Daks jacket is the dogs bollocks), but i am not a big fan of the shoes TBH…
Of course each to his own'...

With 17 entries so far it's a success ! Keep them coming !
With already 5 people from MtS/TLGO i am afraid it's going to be Cliquey though :-D
They are a Mod thing.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is a nice entry Yorky, i like everything (the Daks jacket is the dogs bollocks), but i am not a big fan of the shoes
Seconding this comment.
I have a similar tan / khaki BB cotton blazer which I wear either with marine blue chinos or dark jeans and I think it’s a good match.
I scrolled down this pic and was thinking “yeah, yeah, yeah ... uuuuuuh - nah!“

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seconding this comment.
I have a similar tan / khaki BB cotton blazer which I wear either with marine blue chinos or dark jeans and I think it’s a good match.
I scrolled down this pic and was thinking “yeah, yeah, yeah ... uuuuuuh - nah!“
Try something a bit different, and you might not feel as uptight ??, leather or suede shoes/boots are not the be all and end all. Take a look at photos of mods through the last five decades and you might see the light, i.e small faces, the Birds, Bowie, The Creation to name a few bands, and then countless stock photos, and people that I have met at Mod events over the years, not that it makes it right, just works for me.

Last edited:

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try something a bit different, and you might not feel as uptight ??, leather or suede shoes/boots are not the be all and end all. Take a look at photos of mods through the last five decades and you might see the light, i.e small faces, the Birds, Bowie, The Creation to name a few bands, and then countless stock photos, and people that I have met at Mod events over the years, not that it makes it right, just works for me.
I can’t really see from the picture what the fabric is. They are certainly different and no doubt the quality is impeccable?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads