• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Look goes on...

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the belt subject,I always used to match belts to footwear but in the last couple of years I wear Navy belts with Navy trousers or jeans.
I tend to wear Argyle socks if I think that my clothes need a colourful addition but a multi coloured belt could do the same job.

The problem with matching your belts to footwear means that every time that you buy new shoes in a different shade of brown/tan/ox blood etc you need to find a belt that matches and to be honest I have too many shoes and belts as it is,plus finding a belt that matches Sebago 'oiled leather' is going to be a difficult task.

covskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why complicate things...

Winter?: black leather
Formal?: black leather
Blue/white stripe grosgrain
Next

I suppose it helps that my non-black footwear is all summer casual

Last edited:

DonkeyJacket1

Reaction score
Perhaps you will never know, but I always wondered why the cops (sorry I meant to say bent b******s) took my belt and shoes off of me every time I got nicked. It must have been to compare them, to see if they were the same colour.

As well as slashing my made to measure jacket with a Stanley knife and trying to frame me and my brother, but failed because they got their lies wrong in court. etc etc.

They were corrupt twats back then now they are just useless twats(and probably corrupt)

Yorky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1176919
Did you know that… Inspector Clouseau wore Aquascutum in the Pink Panther movies ?
Just re watched 2001 A space odyssey recently, and didn't know that the costumes were designed by Hardy Amies, it's a pity that people weren't dressing like he suggested in 2001 never mind 2019.
Found some sketches he did for the film.

IMG_7338.jpg
IMG_7340.jpg
IMG_7341.jpg

Pretty cool flight suit.

IMG_7346.jpg

Hardy also looked cool.

IMG_7343.jpg

Nice waffle knit candy for the skins, designed by Hardy Amies.
IMG_7345.jpg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reggie Perrin is in 2001. It’s a stunning film.
I just saw the MH stuff. Predictably looks decent but ridiculous prices. And while I like the plain white vintage look of tennis gear, I prefer my bomber with the red and blue edges than the plain white one.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Reggie Perrin is in 2001. It’s a stunning film.
I just saw the MH stuff. Predictably looks decent but ridiculous prices. And while I like the plain white vintage look of tennis gear, I prefer my bomber with the red and blue edges than the plain white one.

Don't know if you saw the plain black one ? Not bad...

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
83FBECDD-94BB-443C-A080-36F99B72BF54.jpeg

FA3821C4-E2BD-4297-A89A-AACCAC95FB30.jpeg

How do you maintain The Look on holiday in warm climes? Especially if you are still trying to match shoes and belt?!

It was never an issue back in 1969 as Clacton was less challenging...

One of my attempts here in Northern Cyprus:

Shirt - Givenchy
Trousers - Boss
Belt - PoloRL
Espadrilles - Missoni + Castaner
Sunglasses - Persol

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Yorky, 2001 is also one of my favorite movies (with probably all the other Kubrick's).

The Fred Perry X Margaret Howell capsule collection is now available. I quite like the Tennis bomber but the price i don't like !

https://www.fredperry.com/quarterly/margaret-howell
Just had a look.

What about the oversized polo shirt? More reminiscent of 1980’s style? I guess that would be the MH heritage.

I couldn’t see where the stuff is made?

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Just had a look.

What about the oversized polo shirt? More reminiscent of 1980’s style? I guess that would be the MH heritage.

I couldn’t see where the stuff is made?

From what i've red somewhere Mr K, all the stuff is made in Portugal (not sure about the plimsoles though).

Yes the oversized polos are interesting, they remind me of the ones from the Nigel Cabourn collab, but the collars seem bigger.

I will try to drop in the FP shop next week to have a look at the clobber 'in the flesh'… If they have it...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads