• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The L.E.J Appreciation Thread

MeatFish

Reaction score
Sheeeeeesh, that looks amazing and is not helping my willpower to avoid it! Fit about true to size? I'm usually a medium, but sometimes need a large for my shoulders. Would ideally like this to not be super oversized - thank you!
I'm taking my usual US jacket size 42 above, so I'd say so. It's a boxy shape, based on their Come Up to the Studio shirt, with the only noticeable difference for me being that the sleeves on this are much longer than the studio shirt. You're probably fine in a 38 if usually an M/L, but could go with a 40 if that runs out.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I'm asking again but the trousers and jeans sizing I am confused.

I take a size medium top from LEJ fwiw.

But unsure to go with 34 or 36 in their bottoms. LEJ says to account for 1" extra on their cord trousers for example, but I think NMWA is TTS. Just want to confirm size 34 is 17" across.

Anyone? TIA

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would size up on bottoms if they havent made pattern updates to the pants. All the ones I've tried ran small.

MeatFish

Reaction score
I think I'm asking again but the trousers and jeans sizing I am confused.

I take a size medium top from LEJ fwiw.

But unsure to go with 34 or 36 in their bottoms. LEJ says to account for 1" extra on their cord trousers for example, but I think NMWA is TTS. Just want to confirm size 34 is 17" across.

Anyone? TIA
I sized up on cords and now they're about a size larger than i'd like in the waist fwiw

MeatFish

Reaction score
This is fair! Yea I think sizing up and playing it from there is good. just want to specify this is for the 5 pocket pants, haven’t tried the new swinger style, but i think @maisonmargeologist had a few (idk what his current handle is)

halls

Reaction score
Bumping this Very Important Thread. I think LEJ should get a lot more love around here, Luke's stuff is really fantastic. Comfortable and easy to wear, and (for me at least) exactly nails what I like, which is hard for me to describe, but I guess I would call it "casual but refined". By that I mean I wouldn't feel overdressed if I was meeting up with long time friends for burgers, and I wouldn't feel underdressed if I was at a work meeting. Something where you don't stand out in a crowd, but you get compliments from time to time from people who notice you're wearing something interesting. And more importantly, its comfy and I like wearing it even if no one notices it.

My other favourite designer these days is De Bonne Facture, which is similar but I would say skews a bit more rustic/casual and I've found myself changing into dressier clothes for work meetings. With LEJ I can just roll on through.

I've got a few of their Officer's shirts, which for me are the perfect button up. I can wear them with a sport coat tucked it, or just lounging around untucked, and they look great both ways.

I just received the new season's Plage Coat, and it's everything I hoped for (the Winter Plage coat has been a favourite of mine lately). The martingale belt is a great touch, and the sleeves are curved which makes it really comfortable. The fabric, as always with LEJ, is an elevated selection. Luke made it in several colours, tough choice.

I've never posted pics before, I'm super uncomfortable doing so, but I like what LEJ is doing and wanted to spread the word. There's some super stylish and good looking gents here who could post much more compelling photos, this was the best I could do before I started feeling cringey and quit.

Attachments

• IMG_3254.jpeg
    IMG_3254.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3253.jpeg
    IMG_3253.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3252.jpeg
    IMG_3252.jpeg
    118.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3251.jpeg
    IMG_3251.jpeg
    144.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3249.jpeg
    IMG_3249.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

halls

Reaction score
Sizing for the Officers shirts and Plage Coat is TTS. Also should give a big thumbs up to the needlecord Officers shirts they made this winter. Can't recommend them highly enough. The fabric is exceptionally soft and luxe.

garigo

Reaction score
Bumping this Very Important Thread. I think LEJ should get a lot more love around here, Luke's stuff is really fantastic. Comfortable and easy to wear, and (for me at least) exactly nails what I like, which is hard for me to describe, but I guess I would call it "casual but refined". By that I mean I wouldn't feel overdressed if I was meeting up with long time friends for burgers, and I wouldn't feel underdressed if I was at a work meeting. Something where you don't stand out in a crowd, but you get compliments from time to time from people who notice you're wearing something interesting. And more importantly, its comfy and I like wearing it even if no one notices it.

My other favourite designer these days is De Bonne Facture, which is similar but I would say skews a bit more rustic/casual and I've found myself changing into dressier clothes for work meetings. With LEJ I can just roll on through.

I've got a few of their Officer's shirts, which for me are the perfect button up. I can wear them with a sport coat tucked it, or just lounging around untucked, and they look great both ways.

I just received the new season's Plage Coat, and it's everything I hoped for (the Winter Plage coat has been a favourite of mine lately). The martingale belt is a great touch, and the sleeves are curved which makes it really comfortable. The fabric, as always with LEJ, is an elevated selection. Luke made it in several colours, tough choice.

I've never posted pics before, I'm super uncomfortable doing so, but I like what LEJ is doing and wanted to spread the word. There's some super stylish and good looking gents here who could post much more compelling photos, this was the best I could do before I started feeling cringey and quit.
Thanks a lot, that looks great on you! I also have a few items on my list: the houndstooth plage coat I missed out on a few seasons ago, and a couple of the summer camp shirts.

I got this shirt last summer and it was the perfect Barbie movie outfit ;)

1713024668838.jpeg

Beswick

Reaction score

I'm right there with you, I love LEJ but it's underappreciated. I've got a bunch of their Officer's Shirts as well and a few Come Up To The Studio. The silk Officer's Shirt is probably my favorite, that shirt works with everything and feels amazing. The Needlecord Officer's Shirt is great too, incredibly soft and buttery.

I have the Winter Plage Coat too, but I get a lot more wear out of the Shell Blouson. I picked it up in red and it's a really striking piece.

I think the new Plage Coat looks great on you! Thanks for posting pictures. I'll have to pick one up.

garigo

Reaction score
That looks really great. I love the fabric choices for the Come Up To The Studio shirts, but am hesitant to buy because the cut is so wide. How does it looked untucked, or is it just for wearing tucked in?
Thanks! I'd say it can also work untucked, especially if you wear a t-shirt or vest underneath and treat it almost like an overshirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads