• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Joker costume from The Dark Knight remake

zippox

Reaction score
Hello all, I was hoping that some could shed light with your knowledge.

So I would like to work on making the same outfit that The Joker from The Dark Knight wears.

So I will be stopping over at a local thrift store in search for a dark green vest which shouldnt be too bad to find. And while im there hopefully get those killer socks
smile.gif

So I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on where to get his collard shirt. Among with some of the other pieces of clothing, heh.

Here's some pics:

vlcsnap-23638.png

vlcsnap-107877.png

vlcsnap-104958.png

vlcsnap-175530.png

I would like to get something as close as I can to these items and I dont know if I'll really be able to find a hexagonal blue collard shirt by just random shopping.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dont think it looks that bad at all...

besides, it could always work for halloween

houserichichi

Reaction score
What colour are those socks? I like the large polka dots or whatever they're supposed to be but a blue-olive or black-olive (how it looks to my eye) seem a little muted. But then I suppose the whole outfit is rather dark.

zippox

Reaction score
And yes, the occassion is Halloween. I would like to have a costume that i can have for years to come. I believe the socks are a dark green with a tan checkard pattern. But id have to go through the trailer really slow again to find out.

Any ideas on where to get the fabric for the shirt? Or a shirt of simmilar color/pattern?

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I though the OP was really going to wear that seriously. It isn't far-fetch since there was a thread asking about where to buy his shoes.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is an incotex version of those pants for sale somewhere in the incotex BS threads

zippox

Reaction score
I have obtained a vest! Or at least a vest in progress. I have both a real vest, and i went out and bought a blazer from a local store that will work great if i get rid of the sleeves. Now, if i could learn to use a sewing machine... haha. Still looking for a shirt of the same color, so ill go to a few more shops next week, and also find purple pants. did someone say there was a link to a pair of pants similar to these?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know this is a toy but it should help you on completing the look, this a look you probably won't see until the movie comes out.
152463-1.jpg

152463-4.jpg

152463-17.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads