• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm... how about a Good Art textured Tricky Dick ring? The textures would complement, and you have something that is close in maximum width, but gets there a different way.

oh that knurled dickie ring looks kind of sick. Would you wear it on the middle finger right next to my Neff ring or on the pointer finger?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh that knurled dickie ring looks kind of sick. Would you wear it on the middle finger right next to my Neff ring or on the pointer finger?
I'd say the middle finger. Having them spaced a single finger apart might look a bit strange.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wear rings spaced apart. Usually ring and pointer. When rings are right next to each other, they click in a slightly annoying way, esp if you type.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How do you guys feel about the regal ring? Would that look good on the opposite hand of same hand?

What's a regal ring? You mean like a signet ring?

I generally don't like anything that looks a bit posh. You can wear posh jewelry in non-posh ways, but once it gets into something like phony crest rings worn on the pinkie finger, with a tailored outfit, it all feels a bit too much for me.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New ring from Red Rabbit Trading. Really diggin it.

IMG_0046.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is this timeline still accurate? I'm going to be popping into SENY Thanksgiving week and am hoping to try these in person.

We should have them in all stores in about 3 or 4 weeks, so it may be at the store when you visit!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For someone looking for a chunky silver bracelet, this is kind of dope (not my listing):

It's nice, but I both have and have handled Werkstatt Munchen jewelry, and I can already see the structural flaws in that piece. It's too bad, because it's a nice piece otherwise. But at their prices, I find fundamental structural issues unacceptable. In the same category,Tobias Wistensen is just better made. I will say though, that for just excellent finishing, that Good Art is one of only a few outfits I know who can be said to be in the same class as a Cartier or an Hermes.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not, but I both have and have handled Werkstatt Munchen jewelry, and I can already see the structural flaws in that piece. It's too bad, because it's a nice piece otherwise. But at their prices, I find fundamental structural issues unacceptable. In the same category,Tobias Wistensen is just better made. I will say though, that for just excellent finishing, that Good Art is one of only a few outfits I know who can be said to be in the same class as a Cartier or an Hermes.

That is too bad. Although the pieces generally aren't for me, I like the look of WM's stuff. I've never handled any of their jewelry, but it's a bummer to hear that the quality is lacking.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is too bad. Although the pieces generally aren't for me, I like the look of WM's stuff. I've never handled any of their jewelry, but it's a bummer to hear that the quality is lacking.
So, Good Art has a foundry. I think that one of the things that is just difficult, just from what I've heard from silver smiths, is joining links at a high enough temperature to make the solder strong. I've had that problem with other small makers as well.

Chains from Hermes, for example, never have this issue, because their stuff is made in state of the art facilities, instead of small workshops.

That said, in a few Werkstatt pieces. they haven't even bothered to solder some critical joins. It's just twisted into place, and not even properly hardened. They do use a cool twisting hiddne closure. However, in some places, it seems like they've simply phoned it in.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, Good Art has a foundry. I think that one of the things that is just difficult, just from what I've heard from silver smiths, is joining links at a high enough temperature to make the solder strong. I've had that problem with other small makers as well.

Chains from Hermes, for example, never have this issue, because their stuff is made in state of the art facilities, instead of small workshops.

That said, in a few Werkstatt pieces. they haven't even bothered to solder some critical joins. It's just twisted into place, and not even properly hardened. They do use a cool twisting hiddne closure. However, in some places, it seems like they've simply phoned it in.

That's interesting, I'd think having a small workshop would allow for a more "hands-on" process, thus making the linking and soldering stronger, more consistent. Maybe that reveals my bias for smaller companies and thinking that this somehow ensures quality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads