• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My filthy degenerate dog has discovered that she likes to dig in the yard. We've had her two years, and this is new behavior.

This will not stand! The turf must be protected!

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Small update on the home selling front.

I discussed my concerns with an atty, sounds like my best option is ride it out since they never broke the contract in writing. Also, he gave me a bit of a local reality check on how it's a pretty sleepy RE market (midsized city in midwest) where up until this year they haven't really had these issues.

I also talked with my RE agent again, she is absolutely convinced these buyers are in it for the long haul now.

We shall see...

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Market certainly doesn't look like it's cooling down here. This is the first time I've seen this in my neighborhood.

1632920135657.png

1632920198077.png

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This guy thinks his local market is.

1632957421365.png

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to buy some GrubEx or something. The skunks must have found a tasty buffet of grubs in one section of my backyard because they absolutely tore it up in just a couple days time. :mad:

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to buy some GrubEx or something. The skunks must have found a tasty buffet of grubs in one section of my backyard because they absolutely tore it up in just a couple days time. :mad:
Bury the corpses deeper my friend

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think grubex is preventative. You need grub killer at this point (not that it will help with the skunk buffet).

Looks like you're right (in my defense, I probably would have read the labels of the stuff when I got to the store...

I was looking at the MSU Extension website for grub control and it sounds like this is prime grub-hunting season in my area. The extension had a picture of skunk/racoon damage... this would be mild compared to what the damaged section in my backyard looks like now:

1633009103063.png

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good luck MP! Not a fun problem to deal with. Maybe @Marc Voorhees can bring over some traps and y'all can play exterminators while taking shoe pics?
There will be more than shoe pics taken....

Also, I could bring traps down your way was well if you wanted....

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck MP! Not a fun problem to deal with. Maybe @Marc Voorhees can bring over some traps and y'all can play exterminators while taking shoe pics?

This reminded me that a couple of years ago my neighbor asked if I had a live trap. I said no but that my neighbor on the other side did. I didn't ask what she wanted it for as I figured it was for groundhogs (we had a couple years where they were going crazy in all the gardens). A couple days later I saw the neighbor outside and she thanked me for the tip on where to borrow a trap because she had gotten the trap and was determined to catch the skunks that kept spraying her dogs. I laughed as I asked what her plan was once she had those skunks in a trap and I could suddenly see the concern on her face.

As an aside, I got curious and looked up whether you can trap a skunk and the internet consensus seems to be that it's actually safe and they tend not to spray when in a confined spot like that.

FWIW, we don't have many dangerous animals in Michigan so I don't worry about crossing paths with a bear or poisonous snake or something when I am running but I like to run really early in the morning and the only thing that worries me more than being run over by an idiot driver is getting sprayed by a skunk! I've found that they are actually sort of fearless and will stand their ground in the middle of the road (maybe why so many get run over) and will charge at you if threatened! They must use their spray only as a last resort.

Real video of a skunk that was being aggressive towards me and chased me up my driveway after a run one evening a few years ago. It must not have liked when I opened the garage door though because then was what finally scared it off and caused it to head to the neighbor's... probably to spray her dogs.

(life is boring in Suburbia so this is what counts as excitement in my neighborhood)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads