• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, there is a thin metal plate that attaches to the bottom of the counter. It is a steam barrier of sorts.
I have no wood, just granite above it. I would have to glue it on.
Send I could skip it? Thoughts?

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of not to code...

8774B846-099F-4BDD-956B-0403FC6C6C8C.jpeg

That cable is hot. Just clipped off at the edge of the box. Surprised it hasn’t arced yet. There was no cover on the box, either.

Last edited:

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, there is a thin metal plate that attaches to the bottom of the counter. It is a steam barrier of sorts.
I have no wood, just granite above it. I would have to glue it on.
Send I could skip it? Thoughts?
I'm confused. Don't you already have an air gap installed.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes totally different thing. This is a flat thin piece of metal that mounted under the counter to protect it from steam.

I’m skipping it

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of not to code...

View attachment 1589887
That cable is hot. Just clipped off at the edge of the box. Surprised it hasn’t arced yet. There was no cover on the box, either.
Eh, that looks fine man. no worries there. SO how did you discover the box was hot? shock yourself?

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Eh, that looks fine man. no worries there. SO how did you discover the box was hot? shock yourself?
No, luckily. I was looking at it thinking "I wonder if I can remove this and patch the brick." Then (knowing what complete assclowns worked on this house before) I thought, "hey what did they do with the wire that was in this box?" and saw the little teeny bit of romex sticking out there.

But this explains why when I try to put a bulb in the other light on this circuit, it trips the GFCI breaker.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Asshole squirrel got into my bird seed and decided to stash it in my pop up canopy. Bit a few holes in the canopy. Guess I have to find better bird seed storage.

Also bit through the ropes in my hammock. Trying to murder me for my seed.

Last edited:

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine lives in the Sierra foothills remodeled his 1950s log home awhile back. When they tore off the bottom board on one of the eaves a 55 gal drums worth of acorns poured out.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine lives in the Sierra foothills remodeled his 1950s log home awhile back. When they tore off the bottom board on one of the eaves a 55 gal drums worth of acorns poured out.
I guess you could say.................the squirrels were going nuts for your buddy's house
YYYEEEEAAAHHHHH!!!!

1617994182353.png

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My sister and her husband almost burned down their cottage a few years ago. They hadn’t visited it in a few months and some squirrels somehow got into the kitchen and found a way to get into the broiler. They put a bunch of acorns and seeds inside and my sister turned the it on without checking and stepped away only to smell them burning a minute or two later and see smoke pouring out of the bottom of the oven.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads