• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like the giant cockroaches that find their way into my house and fly straight at my face?
I hear they are attracted to corded blowers.....

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Leave the leaves alone. Leaves are important habitat for all kinds of larval stage insects.

Leaves on our sidewalk become important habitat for dog piss.

It’s super annoying: we don’t have a tree in front of our place, but the neighbors on either side do, and their leaves accumulate up and down the street. somehow nobody ever thinks to clear the leaves for the neighbors who don’t even have trees.

It doesn’t help that out driveway is at the lip of a small hill, so wind eddies tend to drop the leaves right there....and the neighbor’s enormous mastiff likes to pee on leaves.

I love trees, but Ive been sorely tempted to ring-bark these.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We saw a decent house today that would be a stretch budget wise, but has enough square footage that we wouldn't need to add on, or build a wired shed/office.

But when the seller lists a burnt out light bulb in the disclosures, you know they're done with the place.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe it is some stupid bulb that they can't find or that they broke the socket on...

So you still be forever plagued with a dark fridge.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Why is that a disclosure?
My guess is some asshole in that town made a stink about a light bulb, so now the listing agent makes all their clients disclose the bulb. :)

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My guess is some asshole in that town made a stink about a light bulb, so now the listing agent makes all their clients disclose the bulb. :)
Alright. Fess up. Which of you made a stink about a lightbulb?

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seem most likely the person is just unsophisticated and unfamiliar with what should be listed on the forms. Or, if you wanna be paranoid, it's a smokescreen for something they know about and aren't disclosing so they can go back and say "obviously I would have disclosed this if I knew - LOOK I even disclosed burnt out lightbulbs!"

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alright. Fess up. Which of you made a stink about a lightbulb?
It was one of those pre-obama 100w incandescents.

Really I was only buying the house to restock my bulbs, and I was told there were 4 good 100Ws, 6 75Ws, and 14 60W.

You can only imagine how pissed I was when that bulb wouldn't turn on.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looking at houses and the amount of weird layouts is very distressing
This house today definitely falls into that category. There's a beautiful treehouse outside, but 2/3 bathrooms are redone (******* Tetris tile!), and none have a tub. Can't have kids without a tub, so that treehouse is useless.

Besides that, the weird layout is actually perfect for us. We'd just have to add a new master bathroom upstairs before the theoretical child outgrew the kitchen sink. I think there's the space for it since the bedroom we'd use as a master (now staged as a weird sitting room, including, for some reason, a loveseat backed up into a closet with no doors) is 20x16, which is a big bedroom for a '50s house. I also think that would add a lot of value since it effectively solves the layout issue.

p.s. Tetris tile and gray LVP are the avocado tile and shag carpet of this past decade.

Leaves on our sidewalk become important habitat for dog piss.

It’s super annoying: we don’t have a tree in front of our place, but the neighbors on either side do, and their leaves accumulate up and down the street. somehow nobody ever thinks to clear the leaves for the neighbors who don’t even have trees.

It doesn’t help that out driveway is at the lip of a small hill, so wind eddies tend to drop the leaves right there....and the neighbor’s enormous mastiff likes to pee on leaves.

I love trees, but Ive been sorely tempted to ring-bark these.
In all seriousness, I live on a .5 acre wooded lot. There is plenty of habitat for insect larvae, and I'm sensitive to those concerns. I just want to keep the driveway, sidewalk, front yard, and patio clean, plus maintain a perimeter around the foundation to help keep pests out of the house. I'm not bothering with the backyard since it's heavily wooded and basically useless.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads