• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ngl, I never heard of mud room until Oswald mentioned it.

I’d never heard of a mud room until the first time I visited my in law’s house in Alberta. On a farm, they actually use mud rooms as intended.

We certainly use ours for jackets, hats, shoes, backpacks, etc.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IMG_5975.gif

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like smiling pains them.

These kind of houses always look like you can't actually live in them (just set pieces that aren't livable) Also - whats the purpose of this room?

AD1122_PAPACHRISTIDIS_3%2520copy.jpg

This is a foyer. That is an exterior door on the left and (I'm guessing) a door to a coat closet in the back. A console table and mirror next to the entrance are quite functional. The chair and ottoman are also very functional for taking on/off shoes. I don't care for the style, but this seems like a reasonably designed and functional entrance space.

Edit: I was incorrect. Not a coat closet. That's the entrance to where the gimp is held.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
The LED in my pool is misbehaving. I've reset my Omnilogic a few times but the LED for the pool seems to have a mind of its own. I figure that's a minimum 1k waiting to be phoned into the pool company.

brokencycle

Reaction score
The hidden costs of an adequate setback…

You would think he would just have the help deal with it and not bother him with the details. Like if anything he should be upset the help didn't catch it before he did.

The faux rich... what can you do?

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 days later, sunnier morning.

View attachment 2145081

ngl one of the things I really love about styleforum is the fambly weather updates .

it snowed here a bit last week and there's still a little sticking around in the hills but the cherries are blooming . I think one of my blueberries has started to pop and the buds are plumping up on the apple trees .

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_2759.jpeg

Can our resident plumbing expert @Numbernine weigh in here? Need to replace the horizontal portion of this drain. If you look closely you can see the end of a fernco that is connecting what is left of the original galvanized to abs. However the galvanized now has a hole in it that’s peeking outside of the fernco and obviously this has not been a fun adventure of discovery.

It doesn’t look like there is enough room between the cast fitting and the 3xstud to put a hubless joint or even to run a threaded connection to the cast. Any ideas? Probably not a good idea to mess with those studs… thinking of maybe just replacing with galvanized again as it will be easiest fit?

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 2148717
Can our resident plumbing expert @Numbernine weigh in here? Need to replace the horizontal portion of this drain. If you look closely you can see the end of a fernco that is connecting what is left of the original galvanized to abs. However the galvanized now has a hole in it that’s peeking outside of the fernco and obviously this has not been a fun adventure of discovery.

It doesn’t look like there is enough room between the cast fitting and the 3xstud to put a hubless joint or even to run a threaded connection to the cast. Any ideas? Probably not a good idea to mess with those studs… thinking of maybe just replacing with galvanized again as it will be easiest fit?
Did you buy @Van Veen's old house?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads