• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am actually pretty confident, looking at most of the structure of what I am seeing, that the expenses will be wrapped up pretty soon. Most everything else is cosmetic/design choice. Not that I have wasklhed the stank of the other people off of the house, things are good
Post saved for future reference ?

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Open the cabinets and you'll find stacks of quarter pans, rolls of butcher paper, and those translucent red plastic cups like the ones at Pizza Hut.

Sounds like we are in the same situation. I have the roofing guys coming out again today to add on to their temporary fix. 2009 roof.

My roof guy said aside fron the construction work (which wasn't previous owners fault, but original designers) if I have to call them out more than a handful if times to fix things, to just redo the whole thing. He was really un impressed with the job that was done

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If these are typical walkway lights, they are low voltage and there should be a transformer with a timer plugged in somewhere.

Landscape lighting is one of the easiest jobs to do. Go pick up a kit and spend an afternoon burying the lines and hooking it up.

lefty

I will likely redo the walkway lighting and fix the uplighting. While I could try all this **** myself, I am terrible at the design aspect....

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For your sanity, I cannot advise perusing this thread.

1614624186694.png

37E12422-7101-4754-BD31-AF8E5763413E.jpeg

One of these is from my house.
The doors make me the most upset, but how did that shower pass any kind of inspection or anything? How does the water drain?
In libertopia there are no inspections

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is only Zuul.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I will likely redo the walkway lighting and fix the uplighting. While I could try all this **** myself, I am terrible at the design aspect....

Honestly, it's stupid easy. Figure out what you need in terms of lights - walkway and a couple of spots - then go buy a kit. It will come with a transformer that plugs into an outside receptacle. From there you lay out your main line and the lights simply clamp onto the coated wire. There's no "wiring" to do. If you're unhappy with the location of a light, you unclamp it from the feed wire and move it elsewhere.

You can lay the whole thing out and have it operating in 20 minutes. Then you just have to bury the line.

lefty

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
But you guys get to live with the “charm” an old building has. Which cannot be expressed in monetary terms.

(because the expense never ends)
Or buy new and plan to replace the crappy finishes and repair the shoddy work.

Either way you lose.

My roof guy said aside fron the construction work (which wasn't previous owners fault, but original designers) if I have to call them out more than a handful if times to fix things, to just redo the whole thing. He was really un impressed with the job that was done

My mom bought a place while it was under construction; she had to completely rebuild her roof within a few years. The crappy work led to a series of lawsuits involving the HOA, the developer and their insurance company.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bad news everyone...

someone is moving into the old rental, and it's no longer listed for rent.

odds of a small claims are going down by the day

I got a good laugh when I saw she replaced the mailbox. Probably the only thing she fixed.

In case you missed what the mailbox looked like:

Knowing my cheap-ass landlord probably won’t want to replace it, I "fixed" my rotted out mailbox post with whatever I could find in my toolbox.

View attachment 1220695

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bad news everyone...

someone is moving into the old rental, and it's no longer listed for rent.

odds of a small claims are going down by the day

I got a good laugh when I saw she replaced the mailbox. Probably the only thing she fixed.

In case you missed what the mailbox looked like:
No, this just means that now that damages can be calculated, you should be served any time now! In seriousness though, this is good news for you and I hope you can put this all behind you sooner than later. Lease dispute stuff is stressful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads