Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***the Epicurean knits thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Aug 24, 2010.

1. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

^He's only made like 4 things his whole career.

2. yamete

yamete Senior member

^ok lol. mhm....thanks for the sizing, will post fit pic when i got them. another pm sent regarding shirt tho.

3. yamete

yamete Senior member

mhmm...regarding patrik ervell pocket sweater...i was browsing the opening ceremony site and noticed that the model is also wearing an s, which doesn't look short at all. and he can't be only 5'7......

4. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Debating whether I want to keep this or not:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How do you feel about it? Tried on the purple last fall and wasn't so thrilled. Def a cool look though I don't like it with that white undershirt but I figure you wouldn't wear it like that anyway. Most Prorsum knits aren't that impressive IMO.

5. Nil

Nil Senior member

Really? Damn. I was thinking of picking up one for mid-200's but if it's not worth it...

6. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

For mid 200 you're probably fine, though may be able to find Dries, Schneider, Raf, Jil which I think are all consistently better than Prorsum ( for knits). Then again my experience is somewhat limited. I think Jet agrees with me though you should consult some other people. Actually now that I think of it the pea colored Prorsum knit I had from ss09 was really awesome it was just a size too big but everything about it was great. So it definitely varies. What piece you looking at Nil? PM me if you don't want to blow your spot.

7. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

I've seen a couple of nice Prorsum knits, but they tend to be really high priced. Dries, Marc, MMM, and Jil are probably my top for consistently nice knits

8. Nil

Nil Senior member

For mid 200 you're probably fine, though may be able to find Dries, Schneider, Raf, Jil which I think are all consistently better than Prorsum ( for knits). Then again my experience is somewhat limited. I think Jet agrees with me though you should consult some other people. Actually now that I think of it the pea colored Prorsum knit I had from ss09 was really awesome it was just a size too big but everything about it was great. So it definitely varies. What piece you looking at Nil? PM me if you don't want to blow your spot.

It's actually that exact same knit as lmaozedong posted. I've always liked Fair Isle patterns (blame all these Scandinavians I live around) but didn't think it worked with my style but I think I could make the degraded look of this one work.

9. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

How do you feel about it? Tried on the purple last fall and wasn't so thrilled. Def a cool look though I don't like it with that white undershirt but I figure you wouldn't wear it like that anyway. Most Prorsum knits aren't that impressive IMO.
    Yeah obviously wouldnt wear it with that white undershirt. Either a u neck/tank top/button up underneath most likely. yeah I'm not SUPER impressed by the materials given the price, which is the only reason I'm considering a return (paid $300 gilt credit but I have to get in the mindset that it's real money). Definitely prefer the feel of Jil/MMM/Schneider knits that I've had, though this isn't by any means bad. I mostly like the pattern and fit the prorsum cardi I copped from the sale (which is dope and I'm keeping) was made in China [​IMG] , not that I usually care too much about these things

10. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

Really? Damn. I was thinking of picking up one for mid-200's but if it's not worth it...

Also, mid 200s seems like a fair price for this piece. Cop and we can make matching waywts. just copped those s2a sneaks i think u have[​IMG]

11. DocHunter

DocHunter Senior member

[​IMG]

alpaca wool

I'm no sure I could pull this off, but I like the styling. Where is this from?

12. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

mhmm...regarding patrik ervell pocket sweater...i was browsing the opening ceremony site and noticed that the model is also wearing an s, which doesn't look short at all. and he can't be only 5'7......

I'm 5'8" and owned both the small and the medium pocket sweater. Both fit me, just the medium slightly more oversized look than the small which was a bit more slim fit over a button down. The small hit me just around the waist line on jeans which sit lower, and more just below on medium rise trousers.

I would also say to go with a small.

13. yamete

yamete Senior member

^thanks for the advice, the main reason that i asked is that i have a much shorter torso than ppl who have the same height. I wear xs in uniqlo tees and they fit just about the perfect length, i would want the sweater to be longer than that but not too long.

14. grouper

grouper Senior member

I'm no sure I could pull this off, but I like the styling. Where is this from?

I got it from a friend who grew up in bolivia. It is alpaca, but that's all I know about it [​IMG]

15. acl1

acl1 Senior member

Also, mid 200s seems like a fair price for this piece. Cop and we can make matching waywts. just copped those s2a sneaks i think u have[​IMG]

just curious, but what size did you end up buying?