• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***the Epicurean knits thread***

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
Debating whether I want to keep this or not:
IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

How do you feel about it? Tried on the purple last fall and wasn't so thrilled. Def a cool look though I don't like it with that white undershirt but I figure you wouldn't wear it like that anyway. Most Prorsum knits aren't that impressive IMO.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? Damn. I was thinking of picking up one for mid-200's but if it's not worth it...

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For mid 200 you're probably fine, though may be able to find Dries, Schneider, Raf, Jil which I think are all consistently better than Prorsum ( for knits). Then again my experience is somewhat limited. I think Jet agrees with me though you should consult some other people. Actually now that I think of it the pea colored Prorsum knit I had from ss09 was really awesome it was just a size too big but everything about it was great. So it definitely varies. What piece you looking at Nil? PM me if you don't want to blow your spot.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've seen a couple of nice Prorsum knits, but they tend to be really high priced. Dries, Marc, MMM, and Jil are probably my top for consistently nice knits

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
For mid 200 you're probably fine, though may be able to find Dries, Schneider, Raf, Jil which I think are all consistently better than Prorsum ( for knits). Then again my experience is somewhat limited. I think Jet agrees with me though you should consult some other people. Actually now that I think of it the pea colored Prorsum knit I had from ss09 was really awesome it was just a size too big but everything about it was great. So it definitely varies. What piece you looking at Nil? PM me if you don't want to blow your spot.

It's actually that exact same knit as lmaozedong posted. I've always liked Fair Isle patterns (blame all these Scandinavians I live around) but didn't think it worked with my style but I think I could make the degraded look of this one work.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
How do you feel about it? Tried on the purple last fall and wasn't so thrilled. Def a cool look though I don't like it with that white undershirt but I figure you wouldn't wear it like that anyway. Most Prorsum knits aren't that impressive IMO.
Yeah obviously wouldnt wear it with that white undershirt. Either a u neck/tank top/button up underneath most likely. yeah I'm not SUPER impressed by the materials given the price, which is the only reason I'm considering a return (paid $300 gilt credit but I have to get in the mindset that it's real money). Definitely prefer the feel of Jil/MMM/Schneider knits that I've had, though this isn't by any means bad. I mostly like the pattern and fit the prorsum cardi I copped from the sale (which is dope and I'm keeping) was made in China
ffffuuuu.gif
, not that I usually care too much about these things

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Really? Damn. I was thinking of picking up one for mid-200's but if it's not worth it...

Also, mid 200s seems like a fair price for this piece. Cop and we can make matching waywts. just copped those s2a sneaks i think u have
fistbump.gif

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yamete
mhmm...regarding patrik ervell pocket sweater...i was browsing the opening ceremony site and noticed that the model is also wearing an s, which doesn't look short at all. and he can't be only 5'7......

I'm 5'8" and owned both the small and the medium pocket sweater. Both fit me, just the medium slightly more oversized look than the small which was a bit more slim fit over a button down. The small hit me just around the waist line on jeans which sit lower, and more just below on medium rise trousers.

I would also say to go with a small.

grouper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHunter
I'm no sure I could pull this off, but I like the styling. Where is this from?

I got it from a friend who grew up in bolivia. It is alpaca, but that's all I know about it
confused.gif

acl1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
Also, mid 200s seems like a fair price for this piece. Cop and we can make matching waywts. just copped those s2a sneaks i think u have
fistbump.gif

just curious, but what size did you end up buying?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads