***the Epicurean knits thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Aug 24, 2010.

1. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

just curious, but what size did you end up buying?

44. im a 10.5. i figure ill just exchange if they dont work out

2. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Holy fuck I think I met this guy last weekend

This look is rad.

Another Cloak knit, a grail for me.
    [​IMG]

3. FashionIsLife

FashionIsLife New Member

Thoughts on v-neck sweaters in this style...anybody wear them? What do you think? [​IMG]

4. Ideefixee

Ideefixee Senior member

Thoughts on v-neck sweaters in this style...anybody wear them? What do you think?

[​IMG]

I wear them from time to time, but not with the shirt untucked like that.

5. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

6. Lel

Lel Senior member

Felt some cool stuff like Jil and TB at the local Barneys, feels nice, but sill wooly and kinda itchy in a way. Maybe I'm super sensitive, I didn't try any on though.

Any thoughts on cotton knits? I kind of like the low maintenance nature, would like to find some nice basic ones (probably Uniqlo lol right?).

EDIT: My Uniqlo cardigan, though not baller, is soft is shit, feels so nice to wear. Just cotton and cashmere, felt better than a lot of the 100% designer cashmere I felt (which I feel isn't really representative though).

7. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

Any thoughts on cotton knits? I kind of like the low maintenance nature, would like to find some nice basic ones (probably Uniqlo lol right?).

EDIT: My Uniqlo cardigan, though not baller, is soft is shit, feels so nice to wear. Just cotton and cashmere, felt better than a lot of the 100% designer cashmere I felt (which I feel isn't really representative though).

What about something in merino if you don't want cash?

8. a2_hennessy

a2_hennessy Senior member

I'm really looking for a nice knit right now - preferably thick and warm. SNS Herning's Stark cardi is just not going to work for me - it's too long for my tastes, and I'm only 5'8" as it is. Any thoughts on other quality knits and where to kop? I'm considering Epaulet's, but I'm not quite sure about how well it's made.

I really like the look of the Ervell knits I've been seeing, but a) don't know where to kop, and b) don't know about quality. I'm a strapped-for-cash college student, so I can't yet afford to toss money around without any heed to durability.

Any enlightenment that could be shed would be much appreciated.

9. Ideefixee

Ideefixee Senior member

I'm really looking for a nice knit right now - preferably thick and warm. SNS Herning's Stark cardi is just not going to work for me - it's too long for my tastes, and I'm only 5'8" as it is. Any thoughts on other quality knits and where to kop? I'm considering Epaulet's, but I'm not quite sure about how well it's made.

I really like the look of the Ervell knits I've been seeing, but a) don't know where to kop, and b) don't know about quality. I'm a strapped-for-cash college student, so I can't yet afford to toss money around without any heed to durability.

Not to be the devil's advocate, but the SNSH cardi is actually not that long in a Small. I have the Sea Blue knit and while it may be long stretched all the way down the torso, it tends to slowly creep back up anyways, which ends up looking pretty cool.

Ervell knits... hm. Never owned a knit from him, so Idk about that. There's that pocket sweater on Opening Ceremony that's pretty nice, though certainly not as heavy as the SNSH Stark.

Epaulet's quality is very good. I have a few woven shirts from them and they are awesome. I would recommend them any day of the week. I guess it all just depends on how much you want to pay, and how good you are at finding good deals.

10. wangvicous

wangvicous Senior member

patrikervell.com I handled them at NDG a few days ago. Soft and all that. I really want that pocket sweater in the lighter blue.

11. yamete

yamete Senior member

12. wangvicous

wangvicous Senior member

^does NDG still have the faded blue pocket sweater?

I have a feeling they only had navy when I was there, but this was Monday and I wasn't paying particular attention to the color.

13. a2_hennessy

a2_hennessy Senior member

Not to be the devil's advocate, but the SNSH cardi is actually not that long in a Small. I have the Sea Blue knit and while it may be long stretched all the way down the torso, it tends to slowly creep back up anyways, which ends up looking pretty cool.

Ervell knits... hm. Never owned a knit from him, so Idk about that. There's that pocket sweater on Opening Ceremony that's pretty nice, though certainly not as heavy as the SNSH Stark.

Epaulet's quality is very good. I have a few woven shirts from them and they are awesome. I would recommend them any day of the week. I guess it all just depends on how much you want to pay, and how good you are at finding good deals.

I'm not too great at finding good deals. [​IMG] I'm never quite sure where people are kopping these CPs for $100s and Junya blazers for $200.

I really like Ervell's pocket sweater (think Kelv has one in the light blue?), but am really looking for something a bit thicker. If nobody else has any suggestions, I guess Epaulet's it will be?

14. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

^ The epaulet's aren't bad. Get the winter version of the pocket sweater, alpaca wool is much, much softer. You can probably get it for 40-50% off or more if you are patient.

The epaulet ones are pretty nice.

The thing about knits is that you gotta have a rotation , so I know copping a $300 cardi is a big deal. That said, it seems like the epaulet would be a pretty dope piece to wear often.

15. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member