• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fact that they would still try to pass off low quality leather is just ****** on their part. If it’s limited and the remaining leather is low quality they should’ve notified you that the shoes can’t be made and given you other alternatives.
I can feel this turning into another episode of bashing GC!!!! YES I CAN FEEL IT, my life has meaning again.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The time has likely already passed for credit card protections, but maybe it's worth knowing that some credit card companies offer a 6 month window to file a chargeback.

It's easier to do this with ready-to-wear because you almost always get the item within 6 months of ordering. Hard with bespoke because a tailor or shoemaker might not even see you between fittings for 6 months, nevermind delivery. But perhaps something to check. I feel like if you've ordered bespoke shoes, you should at least get bespoke shoes for your feet, not someone who wears something two sizes larger than you.

I would try to solve it amicably with Clev first, but maybe in the meantime see if you're covered in any way by your credit card company and, if so, what are the terms.

You are telling me. I placed an order with a maker back when Obama was president and I am still waiting for delivery.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did a measurement with the Corthay bespoke team back in September 2019 and haven't been back to Paris since. It might be until 2022 before I get a chance to do a fitting.

shackletonian

Reaction score
I can feel this turning into another episode of bashing GC!!!! YES I CAN FEEL IT, my life has meaning again.

I wasn't trying to turn it into anything or a bashing, per se. I waited to provide updates until I got the shoes back after they said that they would provide an adjustment. They did not, or, as my better half noted, the shoes seemed to fit worse than they did. It's a shame. They've been responsive, but I also don't know how they do QC or accountability.

I also learned a lesson and would draw attention to others new to this process. Be very cautious in giving praise and in being polite or understated. I made that mistake, noting, at times, my appreciation for their effort, professionalism, and the like.

Having worked in a service industry and being related to many who are, I know how often people can be terrible to those in the industry and want to call attention or give a positive message to note my appreciation for what they do. In this case, I sent a note at one point saying that I loved the shoes and they were comfortable (to try on). Despite me pointing out after wearing them for real and explaining the issues and them later being able to see the problems with the final version, they have replied to me by pointing out the praise and appreciation that I gave them much earlier in the process.

I'm still in the process of engaging GC, and they have offered to remake the loafers (it's not clear what they would do with the alligator leather), so I don't want to give off a final complaint, condemn, or praise too soon.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to turn it into anything or a bashing, per se. I waited to provide updates until I got the shoes back after they said that they would provide an adjustment. They did not, or, as my better half noted, the shoes seemed to fit worse than they did. It's a shame. They've been responsive, but I also don't know how they do QC or accountability.

I also learned a lesson and would draw attention to others new to this process. Be very cautious in giving praise and in being polite or understated. I made that mistake, noting, at times, my appreciation for their effort, professionalism, and the like.

Having worked in a service industry and being related to many who are, I know how often people can be terrible to those in the industry and want to call attention or give a positive message to note my appreciation for what they do. In this case, I sent a note at one point saying that I loved the shoes and they were comfortable (to try on). Despite me pointing out after wearing them for real and explaining the issues and them later being able to see the problems with the final version, they have replied to me by pointing out the praise and appreciation that I gave them much earlier in the process.

I'm still in the process of engaging GC, and they have offered to remake the loafers (it's not clear what they would do with the alligator leather), so I don't want to give off a final complaint, condemn, or praise too soon.
wasn't aimed at you at all... and I do feel sorry for you about this. There is somewhat of an inside joke here with GC because of the poor jobs they have done, including giving ridiculous excuses to one of the members here and asking why he is worried about shoes when he should ask himself: "do you have a beautiful wife and friends like me" and other nonsense. I think it's in this thread @dieworkwear can probably find it quicker than me.

Voelx

Reaction score
Many of the recent posts in this thread have made me quite nervous as I have a meeting with GC this coming April. I’ve only been measured thus far, but I’m assuming there isn’t anything I could do, within reason, that would tip the scales toward a favorable outcome?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Many of the recent posts in this thread have made me quite nervous as I have a meeting with GC this coming April. I’ve only been measured thus far, but I’m assuming there isn’t anything I could do, within reason, that would tip the scales toward a favorable outcome?

Have you already paid your deposit? And selected the style, leather, etc?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads