• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

matwa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got these Parkways from ebay recently - factory fresh from about 2012.

20230529_170718.jpg
20230529_170915.jpg

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brown Shell Randolphs.

To my chagrin, these new selvedge Lee jeans are not American made (but oddly good quality for $48 bucks). They have been getting good review on the raw denim subreddit, so I felt compelled to try.

IMG_1334.jpeg
IMG_1336.jpeg
IMG_1335.jpeg

Last edited:

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What shell Cordovan color would you love to see in the next ts?
Walnut! This needs to happen, AE!!!

Also, I really hope they continue offering marbled colors like the past few TS. Imagine a marbled Navy or marbled Green or even marbled Burgundy

Rithrin

Reaction score
Alright, I've been pretty quiet around here for a while. I just never seemed to be in shoes at all, really, and when I was, I was trying to take my motorcycle out more and had ADV boots rather than AEs.

That said, I'm back with the next installment of boots doing boot things! Folks were getting pretty worried about my natty shell Freeports, so this time the classic Antique Cherry Shell First Aves got the dirt treatment.

Summiting a peak called Black Mountain, this was an 11.2 mile out-and-back with 3,146 ft of elevation gain following a PG&E maintenance road for a large portion of it. Yikes!

Just giving the Antique Cherry Shell First Aves some improvised camouflage to better blend in with their surroundings.
PXL_20230529_231103943.jpg

Another bid to get in AE's catalog for action boot shots!
PXL_20230530_013224561.jpg

Some miscellaneous trail beauty:
PXL_20230530_021250685.jpg

Got me some white Bucks (Orlean early 2000s)
View attachment 1939811
Another model that AE should bring back. The white suede strandmoks are nice, but open laced bucks are classic!

As silly as these seemed at the time, I'm glad to see them in your hands now. Anyone adventurous enough to actually wear these now?

Yeah, someone clarified that it doesn't have a name yet, but they called it "the boot version of the Park Ave". So it will be just like the 5th Street but with a plain cap toe.
Exciting news! Been hoping for a balmoral from AE for some time.

same as MajorDash, nothing of significant interest this time around and I think me buying a bunch of shells last TS that I have yet to wear is a contributing factor of no participation this time around.
It was tough for me, too, but I passed on football grain before and the return of the Dundee was just too good to pass.

I'm always glad when people support the TS... but, between the lack of promotion here on SF and the odd collection of models/options, I think most of us knew how this would play out.

@Rithrin can't wait to see yours and the couple other Dundees that were purchased. Still kicking myself for not scooping one in shell. Good reminder that our favs don't stick around forever!
Yeah, I suppose. There was quite a din over football grain previously, at least, so I expected it to bring in a little more interest. Plus I suspect others have purchased some but haven't noticed the link to the sheet.

Honestly, when I opened up that e-mail? I was expecting something in the range of 200-500 dollars. I then laughed at the 10,000 dollar lighters. lolololololololololol.
Almost 99% certain that this is just on his site to make people *think* it's an item people actually buy, to inflate the value of his other products by perception. Sure, there might be one person somewhere who will pick it up, but it's just like those obscenely expensive supporter tiers of his.

Anyway Happy Memorial Days, folks!

Satoman1

Reaction score
I'm not generally a fan of chukkas with brogueing or other "flair" but these work well in suede, and are perfectly paired with the cords. Nicely done!
Thank you!!!

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walnut! This needs to happen, AE!!!

Also, I really hope they continue offering marbled colors like the past few TS. Imagine a marbled Navy or marbled Green or even marbled Burgundy

They've already done marbled burgundy, and I don't want them to do it again so that I can be a special boy with 1 of the 50 pairs made. I don't think it would necessarily be 'fair', but I think it would be cool if they limited some of the colors again. They generally have a few makeups that are only able to be purchased in store, but they should do that for a whole style or material option.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gonna have a few days here in the 80s, so I'm switching over to sneakers and boat shoes for the remainder of the week until things go back to normal. Brown suede Porter City sneakers got the call today. Apparently, none of the sun I got the past two weekends did any good for legs, so white pasty ankles get the call as well. Try not to let the glare kill you.

These Porter City sneakers made the journey with me to Port Washington on Friday the 19th. Got a lot of compliments on them from customers and sales staff, which surprised me. They also have a tongue brand on them, but it's embossed into a matching suede tag and not a separate leather tag. No one will see it, and only I know it's there. But, if any of you want to cry about it, go right ahead. I won't stop you.

Also, want to say I'm really impressed with the AE recrafting. When I was there, I dropped off some vintage shell MacNeils to get new heels on Friday at about 3:30 or so. Got them back in the mail the next Friday with dovetail heels. The mismatch in the new leather portion and the decades-old leather sole is a little jarring, but a couple wears will take care of that. Happy to get them back before my nephew's wedding in two weeks. A one-week turnaround was much better than expected. I know, you can get a local cobbler to do the same thing, but all the reward bonuses involved for doing it in store also pushed me to the point where I got a $20 credit out of it. I don't think I have any other shoes coming up on new heels, but I'm definitely all-in on making a trip to the store to do it.

IMG_6822.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads