• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ya want athletic type shoes, purchase SeaVees
IUwNYZI.jpg
Vees and be cool

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used a ton of Bick 4 on these dudes yesterday and they just soaked all of it up. I liberally applied a first coat and 10 minutes later, they were bone dry. They had probably been sitting on the shelf for 4+ years at PW. They cleaned up really nice though.

CF24AE68-18A3-4394-A543-A70B0C077DD9.jpeg
19524EA4-D69A-4CC1-91E5-A2CC3E743020.jpeg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have the following in greenish tones, McTavish in light green Nubuck. Landon in Olive, Dylan in Olive, Chapman in Green Suede, Strands in Green Shell, Strand weave in Olive, and if you count my walnut/green Woollymok That makes 7, and I thought that I had maybe 3 or 4 pairs.
I had more too.
0E83CA49-01EC-40AD-A028-9D20BA431305.jpeg

Alden Hunter green suede LHS
Carmina loden suede loafers
AE olive calf strand
AE loden suede Strand
AE olive CXL Rush St
AE moss green suede MD chukkas
AE green shell first Ave
AE Santa Mok
AE loden suede Hamilton
AE green shell HM
Grant Stone green kangaroo Diesel boots
(Left off Alden cigar shell boots despite their distinctly olive tones)

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had more too.
View attachment 1930537
Alden Hunter green suede LHS
Carmina loden suede loafers
AE olive calf strand
AE loden suede Strand
AE olive CXL Rush St
AE moss green suede MD chukkas
AE green shell first Ave
AE Santa Mok
AE loden suede Hamilton
AE green shell HM
Grant Stone green kangaroo Diesel boots
(Left off Alden cigar shell boots despite their distinctly olive tones)
I have a Loden suede Strand also.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm wearing my Randolph sneakers today to run a few errands. These are one of my most comfortable sneakers to wear.

Aren't loafers themselves supposed to be, at least to some extent, comfy shoes? Also, aren't they supposed to be casual with a slight air of dressiness? Why then pick the sneaker soles here? It just seems to mess up the semi-dress style of the Randolph with an unnecessary addition of comfort that isn't anything more than what you'd normally get with the comfort of loafers, but with all the downsides of having an ugly sole attached to it that makes it look kind of silly.

Blazelix

Reaction score
Aren't loafers themselves supposed to be, at least to some extent, comfy shoes? Also, aren't they supposed to be casual with a slight air of dressiness? Why then pick the sneaker soles here? It just seems to mess up the semi-dress style of the Randolph with an unnecessary addition of comfort that isn't anything more than what you'd normally get with the comfort of loafers, but with all the downsides of having an ugly sole attached to it that makes it look kind of silly.
Well, I didn't feel like wearing my shell Randolph's to the grocery store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads