• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 100% Sober Euphoria Thread

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a thread to reminisce about moments in every person's life when they feel euphoria and boundless joy without the need of narcotics (or, let's also say sex as well):

My contributions:

1. After finishing a college exam you studied your ass of for and think you did well on.

2. Last day of class or last day before Winter Break (Elementary/High School)

3. End of the last shift of the week in manual labor job.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like staying in steam rooms and saunas for a very long time. My current gym as a steam room and the complex I live in has a sauna. I use both of them frequently.

If I drink at night and get a restful sleep, I feel very euphoric in the morning, almost like a runners high.

That's another one too, runners high.

Last edited:

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like staying in steam rooms and saunas for a very long time. My current gym as a steam room and the complex I live in has a sauna. I use both of them frequently.

If you go from hot-ass sauna to cold ass shower (or pool) long enough you can come close to being straight up high. Irregular heartbeat, lightheadedness -- the whole nine!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

If I drink at night and get a restful sleep, I feel very euphoric in the morning, almost like a runners high.
That's another one too, runners high.

well, I didn't want to be serious, but yeah. Runner's high. Funny enough, when I haven't run on a scheduled run day, I'm gloooooooooooomy. Like today.

But I will say this: there's Runner's High, then there's Long Run Contentment, and then there's Track Workout HELL YES Euphoria.

Mandrake9072

Reaction score
There was a period of two months during the summer where I stopped taking warm showers and stuck to cold showers only. Granted, it was awful in the mornings initially but after a month I felt *great* after showering.

If I wasn't such a ***** I would've continued doing that even during the colder months like now. Atm, I end showers with a couple seconds of cold water but that's about it.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Don't eat for 24 hours. I do that on a regular basis and by the end of a 10-12 hour work day you are high as a kite.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seeing loved ones after a period of being separated
Catching up with old friends
Sex with the person you love
I'm fairly competitive so succeeding in competition gets me off (scoring a goal, owning someone at poker, forehand crush to end ping pong match, etc.)
Adrenaline (? does this count)

Euphoric as in being completely content and in the moment physically/mentally to the point where nothing else matters

dune

Reaction score
Straight edger reporting in. I don't know what the non-sober kind feels like...but still.

- being accepted into business school
- finding my cat after she was missing for almost a week

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't eat for 24 hours. I do that on a regular basis and by the end of a 10-12 hour work day you are high as a kite.

With my life revolving around food, I do this a lot too. Typically if I have a whole week of dinners, I'll just eat dinner and fast for 24 hours.

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taking a hot bath on a cold night. You big man-babies should try it sometime.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Taking a hot bath on a cold night. You big man-babies should try it sometime.

Bath? What's that? I think you're going to have to post a video of yourself so we can properly learn. Dumb, neanderthal men, and all.

Last edited:

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Body surfing
1st 100 yards and last 100 yds of a run
improvising (on) music(al instument) - me, it's piano, usually blues, badly, but still.

riding motor scooter on a sunny morning - okay, lame, but same feeling of freedom as a bigger bike but less chance of stacking

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads