• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"That guy" list in Details

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman
I'm one of those guys over 40 who says "My bad". But I only do it on the dance floor, when I'm counting the beat of the music and can't spare the brainwaves to say something like "I apologize for the late lead that made you trip over my foot so both of us looked bad". The longer apology comes after the dance is over.

Hilarious. I usualy just say "****! I hate slow fox trots."

b

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by James Gatz
The most annoying thing about that quiz, and Details in general, is that they've been guilty of helping to spread a ton of the exact annoying behavior they're attempting to poke fun at. Apologies if there are any Details fans out there, but any time I picked one up to look through, the pages seemed to be jammed with douchebags who no doubt would answer yes to 95% of those questions.

And to answer the OP's question, they definitely don't all belong in the same group, and yes, some are definitely a hell of a lot cheesier than others.

+1. I am not a huge details fan. Their readership is a group of people who basically are "that guy" but for some reason don't want to think they are. Bottom line-- apologies to fans of Details, but I canceled my subscription about a year ago.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Hilarious. I usualy just say "****! I hate slow fox trots."

b

Yeah, I tried that, but I decided that "my bad" is more socially acceptable than "oh ****". It took some training, but now I'm quite happily "that guy".

Instead of enduring a slow foxtrot, my solution was to learn West Coast swing.

Casey

Reaction score
I didn't like that saying "my bad" was on the list. I use it to say "oops" (and sometimes as a follow-up) more than to express "sorry."

But I'm from San Diego where "formal" means tuck your shirt in...

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i'm gonna start using coin from now on.

******* man, i'll push a K and still be stingy with de niro.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads