• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Testoni shoes

Wick

Reaction score
Testoni Shoes Any recommendations / words of warning for Testoni shoes? Bluefly appears to have a nice price for these. Any advice from the resident shoe-gurus would be appreciated.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they are considered to be well made shoes, but not to the level of others oft-mentioned here in the same price range.

That is a decent price, but I regularly see Testoni in Off Saks for $300-350.

itzamazing

Reaction score
Its an OK price, but the Testoni boutique will often run sales and the prices get down to the low $200s.

I like their shoes and have a pair, but I am no expert. They have held up well and are comfortable.

One other thing. Bluefly inflates the original retail price on many of their items to give the apperance of offering a greater savings to you. I doubt these shoes sold at the price they claim it did.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One other thing. Bluefly inflates the original retail price on many of their items to give the apperance of offering a greater savings to you. I doubt these shoes sold at the price they claim it did.
Where do you find evidence of that? It seems to me that pretty much all the prices listed are accurate in all categories.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bluefly's quoted retail prices are legit, barring a few cases that are obviously mistakes. However, for some goods, retails prices range, sometime rather dramatically, from retailer to retailer, and from market to market. A Fendi baguette, for example, retails at about $100 higher at a duty free shop than at Saks. Crazy. And I've found that Boston boutique prices (for Paper Denim jeans, for example) are often lower than in comparable boutiques in LA and NYC. The retail prices quoted by Bluefly, except where there is a very clear and uniform MRSP (such as for Levis Premium jeans,) usually tend towards the high end.

bryce330

Reaction score
There are several lines of Testoni - I believe that the ones on the Bluefly link (with the sewn-in label) are the black label Testonis, which are their top of the line shoes. The original price listed by Bluefly is probably accurate.

The ones shown in the "suggested items" (with the name printed in silver letters inside the shoe) are their normal line shoes. I have two pairs of these which I bought from Off 5th: the original prices were around $600 but I got them for about $160 each. While I am very happy with them, I think the original prices are way too much: I would compare them to Ferragamos, which generally run about $300-400.

I wouldn't pay more than $200 for the "normal" Testonis but the black label shoes may be worth more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads