1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Teeth Grinding

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Young Scrappy, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Young Scrappy

Young Scrappy Senior Member

Does anyone else have a problem with teeth grinding? I'm sure someone does because I read it affect 20% of the population? How did you treat it? A night guard, relaxation techniques, etc???

2. Thomas

Thomas Stylish Dinosaur

I used to clench at night, but know someone who has just ground her molars into a cracked tooth and root canal.

How to fix? I'm not an expert but I do know what I've seen and experienced. You could get a night guard, but that does not fix the underlying problem. There's probably unaddressed stress or issues that you're avoiding. I run in the mornings and that gives me a mental hosedown to start the day.

Relax, of course, find a good book to read, get it out of your system. The short of it is that this won't resolve on its own until you get the underlying issue taken care of.

3. Fabro

Fabro Senior Member

I do. My dentist gave me a night guard, which just gives me something to chew on. Doesn't help the underlying problem at all.

4. dusty

dusty Distinguished Member

I think I do, but to tell the truth I never worry about treating it because I never think of it. I've never had damage or headaches or anything. I have a night guard but don't wear it. I really wish there was a way to tell how often I do it and how severe it is.

5. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Stop reading the Current Events forum.

6. Mike

Mike Senior Member

I grind my teeth at night. I've ground down a couple of my teeth, but thankfully not to the point where they need to be replaced. My dentist and I spoke about it and he told me they could mold a night guard, which would take time and cost a decent amount, or I could go out and pick up a regular sports mouth guard for like 2 bucks. I went for the 2 dollar mouth guard. It just needs to be replaced every 6 months or so, but it is a lot easier and I have a mouth guard around if I play some hardcore ball.

I don't know if there are any underlying causes for grinding, but I know my father grinds his teeth too. Maybe its a genetic thing. Or maybe both of us just have a lot of stress from all the stupid people in the world. Damn you stupid people!!

7. broady

broady Senior Member

Stop taking ecstacy

8. Young Scrappy

Young Scrappy Senior Member

Thanks for the replys.I'm trying to do the nightguard but I need to something about the stress. I heard if you tire out your jaw it would be easier to relax.

9. skalogre

skalogre Distinguished Member

Getting something done about the underlying cuases would be a good idea. I had some of my teeth adjusted (ie dental powertools used to wear down certain areas) and wil be going in at some point soon to get a nightguard fitted (need to get a mould done).