• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Target > GAP?

mikejones

Reaction score
I don't know about others, but I feel that Target is really low quality stuff. Mind you, I do have some of their t-shirts, but I looked at their other clothes and it really seemed pretty poor.

At least with the Gap, I am comfortable with their jeans and some of their button-down shirts are pretty good values. I also picked up a pair of their cotton canvas "Worker" pants on sale this week, and I really thought they were cool...

choptreesv

Reaction score
I haven't tried on this exact shirt, but GAP's "fitted" button ups seem to be cut slimmer than before. im liking it for casual button up wear

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vvoc
what does everyone think of Gaps fitted oxford shirts? $40 seems reasonable...anyone have any ideas on quality? thanks

A spread collar oxford?
eh.gif

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like to buy stuff at Target and have it altered because Target is much cheaper. I posted a pic of a suit I had altered from there 2 months ago that was a great deal for $100. I think GAP still has better fits though if you don't alter. Some of their fabrics are a little fresher too. Target is cheaper though, but still quite baggy off the rack. As far as construction, I couldn't tell you which is better, probably about the same.

MORNINGSTAR777

Reaction score
what does everyone think of Gaps fitted oxford shirts? $40 seems reasonable...anyone have any ideas on quality? thanks

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...486&pid=560332

I have tried on the button down oxfords and my personal opinion (I work as a designer @ a popular womenswear company) I think the shirts are a great value for their price. I have been looking @ Gap and Uniqlo as a means of filling the holes in my basic white shirt section of my wardrobe.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Target>all

do not underestimate 75% off clearance

1.77 for merona 3 pak boxers

Also, you can't sip on starbucks espresso and save 10% on your purchase simultaneously at the gap.

Honestly, Target Red Cards are awesome.

(If it isn't obvious, I work in a super target.... we don't have selvage so i guess that Gap has us beat there)

robbie

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Target brick and mortar stores never have what I'm looking for. I really like the 2% lycra solid t-shirts that come in the 2 pack. I wear them almost every day. I'm about to place an order for more online. I had to order my khaki suit online too.

MORNINGSTAR777

Reaction score
My neck is like a 15.75" or 16" and I tried a medium, which fit well, but the sleeves were just long enough, meaning that after a wash the neck might be a tad too snug and the sleeves will definitely be too short. I tried a large, which was slim, but not super fitted. I found the medium body to be comparable to a Zara large shirt with shorter sleeves. If I had to compare the fit of a large body it was most comparable to a RL Black label 16". Hope that helps some.

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mmhollis
Not to add more names but has anyone checked out Martin & Osa? I have gone to their shop once but liked what I saw, and the attention I received from the VERY attractive SA.

I just picked up a couple of polos at Martin + Osa that fit great, sized down from large to medium. Nice to buy a polo that doesn't need tailoring.

pruppert

Reaction score
what does everyone think of Gaps fitted oxford shirts? $40 seems reasonable...anyone have any ideas on quality? thanks http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...486&pid=560332
A step in the right direction, but still playing in between slim and classic. I still had to get my GAP fitted tailored for a proper fit. I can't size down though, so that could be the solution.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads