• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tailor in Rockland County

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Geez....Stanton Tailor in lower Manhattan. They are very good....But for basics, you need to just use a dry cleaners in ur area.

well-kept

Reaction score
"Getting desperate", willing to drive ten miles but won't drive twenty. This is not a serious request.

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by well-kept
"Getting desperate", willing to drive ten miles but won't drive twenty. This is not a serious request.

The issue isn't the miles: Entering Manhattan guarantees traffic: I'll need to cross the bridges and then access Manhattan either through the West Side Hwy or the FDR, all of which are usually congested. So those ten miles make all the difference in the world.

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartorialism
The issue isn't the miles: Entering Manhattan guarantees traffic: I'll need to cross the bridges and then access Manhattan either through the West Side Hwy or the FDR, all of which are usually congested. So those ten miles make all the difference in the world.

Not to mention parking.

well-kept

Reaction score
Fair enough. My reasons for living where I do are these:

1) natural beauty, tranquility, the river, an abundance of what I consider real life - a couple of weeks ago I watched as a deer gave birth to twin fawns in my yard.

And 2) a great city just down the road that offers the best of everything. Best art, music, food, clothing... and skilled tailors.

If you can't find what you need in the county, well, you are not in fact living in the sticks but very close to New York, where you will indeed be able to find what you need. Seems like a great situation to me.

stamp0102

Reaction score
Try my buddy Flavio. He's very talented with the basics, but needs a bit of direction from time to time. Make sure you tell him precisely what you are looking for as he's not always up on the current trends. Only thing I'm not sure he does is working button holes. You can certainly ask though. He's also not cheap.

Tailoring By Flavio‎
76 Broadway, Hillsdale, NJ 07642-2717
(201) 664-0727

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are your working buttonholes really that important? It's summer. Slow down a little. Take some time to smell the deer after-birth.

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, people. How about a tailor in or near Westfield, NJ. (Again, I don't want to travel into the city!) i want someone who can do more than just cuff my pants. Someone who feels comfortable with buttonholes, etc...

velvel87

Reaction score
If you want to try in Bergen county 20 minutes away, Attilio Custom Tailor in Fairlawn is excellent. Enzo, the owner, is a master tailor and is great to work with. He is also very reasonably priced. I get all of my stuff done there and have never had a problem. He is well known in the area and everyone loves him. He's a great old school Italian tailor.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads