1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tailor in Rockland County

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sartorialism, May 12, 2010.

1. well-kept

well-kept Senior member

Fair enough. My reasons for living where I do are these:

1) natural beauty, tranquility, the river, an abundance of what I consider real life - a couple of weeks ago I watched as a deer gave birth to twin fawns in my yard.

And 2) a great city just down the road that offers the best of everything. Best art, music, food, clothing... and skilled tailors.

If you can't find what you need in the county, well, you are not in fact living in the sticks but very close to New York, where you will indeed be able to find what you need. Seems like a great situation to me.

2. Reevolving

Reevolving Senior member

Depends on the time. Traffic getting into NYC is not nearly as bad as you're making it. You can drive in after 7pm, and basically have open roads all the way to 14th St. Weekends also.

3. stamp0102

stamp0102 Senior member

Try my buddy Flavio. He's very talented with the basics, but needs a bit of direction from time to time. Make sure you tell him precisely what you are looking for as he's not always up on the current trends. Only thing I'm not sure he does is working button holes. You can certainly ask though. He's also not cheap.

Tailoring By Flavioā€ˇ
    76 Broadway, Hillsdale, NJ 07642-2717
    (201) 664-0727

4. sartorialism

sartorialism Senior member

You know a tailor open after 7 PM?

5. ZON_JR

ZON_JR Senior member

Are your working buttonholes really that important? It's summer. Slow down a little. Take some time to smell the deer after-birth.

6. sartorialism

sartorialism Senior member

OK, people. How about a tailor in or near Westfield, NJ. (Again, I don't want to travel into the city!) i want someone who can do more than just cuff my pants. Someone who feels comfortable with buttonholes, etc...

7. velvel87

velvel87 Senior member

If you want to try in Bergen county 20 minutes away, Attilio Custom Tailor in Fairlawn is excellent. Enzo, the owner, is a master tailor and is great to work with. He is also very reasonably priced. I get all of my stuff done there and have never had a problem. He is well known in the area and everyone loves him. He's a great old school Italian tailor.