• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sure tell signs of being dressed by the internet?

kookydooky

Reaction score
When you are out and about do you feel as though you can tell if someone has been dressed by the internet or has had some internet forum inspiration?

What are signs that make you think this?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
When I was sitting at the TOJ office (local irish pub) yesterday, I noticed our fits consisted mostly of TOJ, APC, some other dry denim, some Uniqlo and $1 hanes white tees, and all of us had $500 sneakers on. If that is not dressed by the internet, I don't know what is.

dubcbadass

Reaction score
Folks might look better in general if they were dressed by the internet.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm trying to picture a Korean Irish pub lol

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
close....

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's pretty funny because I can. Stylish guys in Philadelphia (read: not guido) stand out. Often, if they're not dressed entirely by jCrew or the Barneys here, I assume they're an internet shopper, with the predictable Alden/WWM labels.

The game that's more fun is 'spot the SF-er' (styleforum and superfuture...)

We have a lot of NY transplants here (and Philly natives returning home from their 'move' to Seattle or Brooklyn ;-), so it's a tricky game. Generally, street style in Philly is toned down and nicely diverse (i.e. - old mixed with new, sensible with 'statement'). It's rarely an 'outfit' of all new F/W '09...

chroMe

Reaction score
we will be wearing some of these clothes or you can spot them on others at 50 paces:

Alexis Mabille
Ally Capellino
Alpha60
Amongst Friends
ANATOMICA
Anne Demeulemeester
April 77
April 77 Records
Arc'teryx - Veilance
Arne & Carlos
BLAAK
b.son
Baracuta
cc poell
CAMO
Carola Euler
Cole Rood & Haan
Common Projects
Commonwealth Utilities
Commune de Paris, 1871
David Andersen - Denmark
Der Sammler Solo
Devold
Double Identity
Dries van Noten
electronic poet
Filson
F-Troupe
Garbstore
Gitman Vintage
Happy Socks
Haversack
Henrik Vibskov
Homecore
Illesteva
JohnnyLove
J.W. Anderson
Kin
Kitsune
Krane
Kulte
KURO
Lanvin
Lavenham
Lecur
Libertine - Libertine
Lyle & Scott
M
Maharishi
Makin Jan Ma
marc jacobs
maison martin margiela
MB999
Mismo
Mjolk
Naked & Famous Denim
Native Son
Natural Selection Denim
Nigel Cabourn
Noir Basic
No Mas
Nom de Guerre
Nörsea Industries
Norse Projects
Nudie
Oliver Spencer
Omar Kashoura
Omnigod
Our Legacy
Pendleton Woolen Mills
Penfield
Peter Jensen
POP cph
Quoddy
Qwstion
RRL
REDWING
Red by Wolves
Reilly
Resurrection
rick owens
Rocky Mountain Featherbed
Schmoove
Shipley & Halmos
Simon Miller Jeans
Sixpack France
S.N.S. Herning
Soulland
Spellbound
Spring Court
Staple
Studio D'Artisan
The Collection by Creative Recreation
The Local Firm
The Real McCoys
Three over one
Timo Weiland
Tim Soar
Trickers
Uniforms for the Dedicated
Universal Works
Veja
Viberg Boots
Vivienne Westwood
Walter van Beirendonck
Want Les Essentiels de la Vie
Warriors of Radness
Wings & Horns
Won Hundred
Wood Wood
YMC
Yuketan
Zambesi
3sixteen
Acne Jeans
Alden
APC
Band Of Outsiders
Bensimon
Billykirk
Bing Bang
Blackbird
Blackbird Vintage
Brixton
Chausser
Chronicles of Never
CMRTYZ
Coming Soon
complexgeometries
Converse
Cosmic Wonder
Craig Robinson
Creep by Hiroshi Awai
Diet Butcher Slim Skin
EP Martin
eubiQ
Faliero Sarti
Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair
Filippa K
Filson
Fjallraven
Friend or Foe
Han
Harmon
Insight
Julius
Kenzo
Minami
KZO
Lad Musician
Lars Anderson
MA
Marcoliani
Mario Portolano
Marsell
Never Sleep
Nice Collective
No Wire Hangers
Nom De Guerre
Obey
Odyn Vovk
Paul Frank
Pendleton
Pleasure Principle
Pria Punto
Quoddy
R.T
Rag & Bone
Reigning Champ
Robert Geller
Rogan
Rogues Gallery
Ron Dotson Designs
Tim Hamilton
Unholy Matrimony
United Bamboo
Vanishing Elephant
Woolrich John Rich & Bros.
Wrath Arcane
yigael azrouel

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
When I was sitting at the TOJ office (local irish pub) yesterday, I noticed our fits consisted mostly of TOJ, APC, some other dry denim, some Uniqlo and $1 hanes white tees, and all of us had $500 sneakers on. If that is not dressed by the internet, I don't know what is.
So when you get mugged, what do they take off you?
Originally Posted by chroMe
we will be wearing some of these clothes or you can spot them on others at 50 paces:
Forgot Fuel star, dude.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whenever I see a nice piece that really stand out in an otherwise ill-fitting outfit, internet is the likely culprit.

If someone is dressed really well I tend to see the whole outfit and everything works, and usually this resembles nothing I see in waywt.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Used to be cuffed selvedge denim but that seems more common now these days..

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chroMe
we will be wearing some of these clothes or you can spot them on others at 50 paces: Alexis Mabille Ally Capellino Alpha60 Amongst Friends ANATOMICA Ann Demeulemeester April 77 April 77 Records Arc'teryx - Veilance Arne & Carlos BLAAK b.son Baracuta cc poell CAMO Carola Euler Cole Rood & Haan Common Projects Commonwealth Utilities Commune de Paris, 1871 David Andersen - Denmark Der Sammler Solo Devold Double Identity Dries van Noten electronic poet Filson F-Troupe Garbstore Gitman Vintage Happy Socks Haversack Henrik Vibskov Homecore Illesteva JohnnyLove J.W. Anderson Kin Kitsune Krane Kulte KURO Lanvin Lavenham Lecur Libertine - Libertine Lyle & Scott M Maharishi Makin Jan Ma marc jacobs maison martin margiela MB999 Mismo Mjolk Naked & Famous Denim Native Son Natural Selection Denim Nigel Cabourn Noir Basic No Mas Nom de Guerre Nörsea Industries Norse Projects Nudie Oliver Spencer Omar Kashoura Omnigod Our Legacy Pendleton Woolen Mills Penfield Peter Jensen POP cph Quoddy Qwstion RRL REDWING Red by Wolves Reilly Resurrection rick owens Rocky Mountain Featherbed Schmoove Shipley & Halmos Simon Miller Jeans Sixpack France S.N.S. Herning Soulland Spellbound Spring Court Staple Studio D'Artisan The Collection by Creative Recreation The Local Firm The Real McCoys Three over one Timo Weiland Tim Soar Trickers Uniforms for the Dedicated Universal Works Veja Viberg Boots Vivienne Westwood Walter van Beirendonck Want Les Essentiels de la Vie Warriors of Radness Wings & Horns Won Hundred Wood Wood YMC Yuketan Zambesi 3sixteen Acne Jeans Alden APC Band Of Outsiders Bensimon Billykirk Bing Bang Blackbird Blackbird Vintage Brixton Chausser Chronicles of Never CMRTYZ Coming Soon complexgeometries Converse Cosmic Wonder Craig Robinson Creep by Hiroshi Awai Diet Butcher Slim Skin EP Martin eubiQ Faliero Sarti Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair Filippa K Filson Fjallraven Friend or Foe Han Harmon Insight Julius Kenzo Minami KZO Lad Musician Lars Anderson MA Marcoliani Mario Portolano Marsell Never Sleep Nice Collective No Wire Hangers Nom De Guerre Obey Odyn Vovk Paul Frank Pendleton Pleasure Principle Pria Punto Quoddy R.T Rag & Bone Reigning Champ Robert Geller Rogan Rogues Gallery Ron Dotson Designs Tim Hamilton Unholy Matrimony United Bamboo Vanishing Elephant Woolrich John Rich & Bros. Wrath Arcane yigael azrouel
Where's Jil and Raf and Yohji and Junya and Paul Smith and Ralph Lauren?!?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
when they look like they're ready to chop some wood, weld steel plates or man a fishing trawler and yet they smell like creed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads