• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sup with ripped jeans?

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ you dont wash your jeans? dont they smell bad?

Goblin

Reaction score
^^

To be honest, I haven't noticed them starting to pong yet, but I've only had them since mid-July. I only wear them on evenings and weekends. During the day, I have to wear business wear, so I spread the jeans out somewhere airy if I remember to. I usually pick them up every day or two and sniff the bikini area to make sure they don't smell like some ass. So far, so good, unless I'm becoming so inured to my own stench that I can no longer detect it even at close proximity.

On evenings and weekends they get busted up pretty hard, though, and if they start to really stink, like to the point my ferrets or the local homeless are like "dude," I'll Febreze the **** out of the jeans, and if that doesn't work, I'll shrug and wash them. There's a point at which something stops being a "project" and becomes "stupid."

What does Febreze do to dry denim, anyway?

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah... im sitting in my week old canes that ive skated a ton in(probably 12-14 hours of skateboarding in the fl heat) and can smell them. i may have to wash them or at least soak them.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Goblin

On evenings and weekends they get busted up pretty hard, though, and if they start to really stink, like to the point my ferrets or the local homeless are like "dude," I'll Febreze the **** out of the jeans, and if that doesn't work, I'll shrug and wash them. There's a point at which something stops being a "project" and becomes "stupid."

What does Febreze do to dry denim, anyway?

It makes it smell better. With my APCs I was trying to not wash them for a long time, so I would spray them down with Febreeze and go ride (moto) to air them out. It worked very well. I ended up giving up and just washing them every couple weeks.

I'm pretty much done with denim projects. The APCs are borderline too-tight now, for which I mostly blame PBR (and myself) so I've been wearing my Uniqlo dry selvage a lot more lately. Also just got a pair of HL "bootcut" in the mail, so I may be rotating those in.

nomovement

Reaction score
I think not washing jeans is one of those things like not taking showers or not shaving. Guys think its all tough until they look into the mirror and realize that they have a stinky beard and smell kinda like ball-sack...but your jeans still look cool so.. that said, holes in jeans are only cool if you earned the hole. kinda like nobody buys fake scars; but real ones are pretty tough.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Smooth Genes
What is it with not washing jeans? im curious.
Supposedly, if you wear jeans a long time without washing them, the wear will be much more pronounced and have more contrast, and thus look like you wore them longer or just look better or something. IOW, the parts that fade will fade a lot, but the dark part won't fade much at all. That was originally the point of doing this, IIRC. Personally, I now think it looks a little weird to have very pronounced wear on jeans that are otherwise nearly-new-dark. But some of the pairs that have come from this process still look really amazing.

TalkBack42Clicks

Reaction score
Oh Right, Oh Right... Whos testing out ma jeans???...

10_12.JPG

4e_12.JPG

What ever on earth them D&G's are above this post, I don't know. They ain't rockstar, there for the dump. How could D&G allow them too come off the line?. As for ripped jeans, don't wear them if you don't have an edge, if your applying moisturiser, gel etc, forget it. Most of my friends can pull it, but then again, so can most student rockers who can't afford shaving products & a haircut.

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
confused.gif

b18570902zc7.jpg

are these those rare samurais i've been hearing about. word has it those 'holes' were made with a real samurai sword. not sure if they are the limited edition Tom Cruise ones though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics