• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sulka Robe

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone planning on bidding on this may want to lynch me for posting it, but it is too beautiful to not allow it to be admired by the forum. Brand new in original box silk paisley Sulka Robe.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MakeTrack=true

Absolutely divine.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IIRC, this robe was selling for around $300 at Sulka's last dance (80-90% off).

Full Canvas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strada11 has been slowly selling-off these brand new old-stock Sulka dressing gowns for a little more than a year now. They seem to be going for anywhere from $350 to almost $500 at each auction. Most of them have been in the brighter shades and bolder patterns.

It ALMOST makes me wish I had waited! How many Sulka dressing gowns and smoking jackets does a fellow really need? I have too many as it is. I don't even smoke!
laugh.gif

The dressing gown cousin to one of my wild smoking jackets was just re-listed on eBay. The gown's belt has plain ends while my jacket's belt has tassels. It is difficult to discern in the photo, but the bird's eyes are the same red color as the piping, tassels, and lining.

SulkaSmokingJacketDiptych.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Sulka-mens-100-pu...QQcmdZViewItem

The only currently available items I know of in this league are the Charvet items. They don't seem to be quite as bold as the old Sulka items, but they are just as beautiful. (One of my Sulka dressing gowns is composed of nothing but lusty images from the Ecclesia's Paradise panel of Bosch's Garden of Earthly Delights.) I must visit Charvet one day soon. It must be more than fifteen years since I last set foot inside. In fact, I didn't even recognize the Charvet store images that Tomasso posted in the recent past!

abricots

Reaction score
I would appreciate any information on A Sulka robes available for purchase.
Thanks for posting the (long gone) robe with the intricate tassels. I've visited the photo some number of times for the memories it inspires.
The robe in the photo is not unlike the one my father had. "Disappeared" when my father's things were given away at his death. Aching to feel the weight of that heavy silk once again.
Finally joined the forum to try to make buy-sell connection to a robe of my own.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I would appreciate any information on A Sulka robes available for purchase.
Thanks for posting the (long gone) robe with the intricate tassels.  I've visited the photo some number of times for the memories it inspires. 
The robe in the photo is not unlike the one my father had.  "Disappeared" when my father's things were given away at his death.  Aching to feel the weight of that heavy silk once again.  
Finally joined the forum to try to make buy-sell connection to a robe of my own.

Too bad you didn't post this a few days ago.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/25111808996...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_9691wt_1182

abricots

Reaction score
Thanks for printing the link. FIrst reaction was "ouch". However, less painful than feared as my memories are tied to a silk robe. However, the color and pattern on this one is so very close to my dad's. I'm going to contact the buyer as part of my search. It also makes me realize that I need do more than an occasional desultory search on ebay.
All suggestions welcome.

wayek

Reaction score
Sorry for being really late to reply...

I have a few sulka robes also and they're just awesome . one of them is like the one pictured above with the red piping except its dark blue and made of very heavy silk, the pattern isn't paisley but looks like crests and the tassels on the belt are the same...they certainly don't make em anymore like sulka used to back in the day, that's for damn sure!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads