• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suit brush? What brick and mortar store sells it?

waterpig

Reaction score
What major B&M store sells a clothes/suit brush? I called Bed Bath and Beyond, Linens and Things, and some smaller clothing stores to no avail.

Could I just use a large, soft-bristled hair brush?

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by waterpig
What major B&M store sells a clothes/suit brush? I called Bed Bath and Beyond, Linens and Things, and some smaller clothing stores to no avail.

Could I just use a large, soft-bristled hair brush?

I would guess they do carry them at BB&B but that most of the employees have no idea what you're talking about. If there's a Brooks Brothers near you, you might try them. Or see if there's a local independent haberdasher or "men's fine clothing" store?

waterpig

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I did call a fine men's clothing store and a nearby Brooks Brothers, both of which told me they did not carry a brush.

BB&B directed me to the lint brushes.

lawyerdad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by waterpig
Unfortunately, I did call a fine men's clothing store and a nearby Brooks Brothers, both of which told me they did not carry a brush.

BB&B directed me to the lint brushes.

Bummer. As I said -- and this is just a guess -- I think the problem with BB&B is not that they don't carry them but that the employees who answer the phone don't know what the hell you're talking about. The BB&B near me has a fairly large section for clothing care/storage products, and I'd be mildly surprised if they didn't have suit brushes. But anyway, I'm out of ideas, so good luck.

Sartorian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazon.

lawyerdad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sartorian
Amazon.

If you're willing to go with online sellers, kent brushes also has an ebay store.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nordstrom's in Seattle had a few, but I don't know if that is true for other store locations.

JamesT

Reaction score
Try calling a local tailor/dry cleaner supply store (if there is one).

style from the heartland

Reaction score
I too called around to locals and to Nordstrom in either KC or MPLS when visiting. All to no avail. This is an outmoded invention. Why not just "lint" roll [sarcasm].

waterpig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
If you're willing to go with online sellers, kent brushes also has an ebay store.

Do you have a link? Thanks.

waterpig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Jos. A. Banks website has it. Look under the accessory section. http://www.josbank.com/IWCatProductP...duct_Id=166686 Here's another one, first hit on Google search under "suit brush" http://www.vavraitaly.com/ProductDet...Code=ACC-BR3-1 Kent of England, by reputation, makes the finest brushes, http://www.baysidebrushco.com/kentclothesbrushes.html
Thanks. As lazy as I am, I did do a search before I posted the question. I was looking for a brick and mortar store that carried one so I could pick it up tonight, before I have to travel for work over the weekend. Ah, I see JAB stocks this in their stores.

soileauj

Reaction score
I bought one from Gracious Homes in NY. It was about $20. Also, I got a smaller one from the drug store Rite Aid for $10. Check and see if Gracious Homes has a website if you are not in NY. Or you could let me know if you would like one and I could pick it up and send it out...

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nordstrom should have them company wide. They have four different kinds at my store... they usually get more during the holidays as they sell well as 'stocking stuffers'.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got these two clothing brushes from Kent's ebay store.

The top one is nicer as it is designed as "cashmere" brush and has softer bristles. The brush I bought is considered a second because the bristles are stiffer than the they are supposed to be but still softer the the brush shown in the bottom picture, which is still good.

One caveat, is that delivery took 1 "European small company time unit" = 3 weeks in North American time.

c4_1_b.JPG

Danta Brush

b2ec_1.JPG

Beech clothes brush

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads