• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really like that Blue Tetbury a few back. Unfortunately the Tetbury is a bad fit for my feet :(

937621E8-AF9B-4DCB-961D-74072A77AB78.jpeg

....well here’s another one for you

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jazz, those chukkas are sublime! You have such great boot/sock and watch/shirt colour and texture combos. As Charlie (Watts) would say, "He is so jazz."

MrUnderwood

Reaction score
I have a question for you.

I am starting to consider integrating jeans into my wardrobe with my suede chukkas. I have a fear of raining and discoloring of the suede - is the discoloring dyeing from the jeans onto the suede chukkas removeable with products or what are your experiences?

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I am starting to consider integrating jeans into my wardrobe with my suede chukkas. I have a fear of raining and discoloring of the suede - is the discoloring dyeing from the jeans onto the suede chukkas removeable with products or what are your experiences?

don't fear the rain, you'll be okay

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

don't fear the rain, you'll be okay

Cleav, I think he’s talking about Selvedge jeans. If he is, it would seem the dye from the jeans would really do a number on light colored suede. Do, you have a technique for removing this dye when it happens. I’ve had the dye even get on my light colored calf shoes when wearing my Selvedge jeans.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cleav, I think he’s talking about Selvedge jeans. If he is, it would seem the dye from the jeans would really do a number on light colored suede. Do, you have a technique for removing this dye when it happens. I’ve had the dye even get on my light colored calf shoes when wearing my Selvedge jeans.
Thanks mate, yes I did appreciate Mr Underwood's question. May be I should have said that if the weather was to be that inclement that my selvedge would do such damage I should wear something different with wellington boots. Horses for courses and all that :cheers:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think with raw denim this can happen even when dry. Though I don’t wear my newer jeans with suedes until they’ve gone through a few soaks already.

Luigi_M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just ignorant, but it seems to me that the point is not if the jeans are selvedge or not, but about how much colour they are going to let down.
In my remote memories, the more a pair of jeans has been washed, the lesser colour it's prone to let on boots (or sofa's, or wimmen skirts ...).
Added bonus: more washes > more naturally distressed look > more badass points.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just ignorant, but it seems to me that the point is not if the jeans are selvedge or not, but about how much colour they are going to let down.
In my remote memories, the more a pair of jeans has been washed, the lesser colour it's prone to let on boots (or sofa's, or wimmen skirts ...).
Added bonus: more washes > more naturally distressed look > more badass points.

I’m not sure what brand of jeans you purchase, but every pair I’ve bought that aren’t Selvedge, don’t leak. In my closet I’ve got, Lucky, Levi’s, Wrangler, Lee, CK, Nautica. All of these are in the most popular standard style here in the USA, which is Pre-washed. They don’t leak color at all, occasionally maybe on the very first wash. But, yeah that’s why the distinction was made.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads