• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suede jeans

arrogant

Reaction score
(Get Smart @ May 17 2005,20:09) yes, are you in love with me? Â
crazy.gif

Don't flatter yourself. A) I'm straight B) I don't dig Arnold wannabes.
I agree with PHV..hahahaha about the whole arnold wannabe look...how sad.... it seems that get smart has taken this comment very seriously..... which would explain the fact that he has now changed his picture..(low self-esteem..i think so)

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(PHV @ May 18 2005,19:12)
Originally Posted by Get Smart,May 17 2005,20:09
yes, are you in love with me? Â
crazy.gif

I agree with PHV..hahahaha about the whole arnold wannabe look...how sad.... it seems that get smart has taken this comment very seriously..... which would explain the fact that he has now changed his picture..(low self-esteem..i think so)
I think that Get Smart's look is pretty typical of Rockabilly guys. And his post "Are you in love with me" seemed to be meant as a joke. No need to get personal guys. We already have ernest to make fun of.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes, are you in love with me?
crazy.gif

That's pretty F'd up of you to say; you really are what your moniker states.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
crazy.gif

how funny that there are internet tough guys on a "style forum" *yawn*

PHV

Reaction score
(arrogant @ May 19 2005,11:56)
Originally Posted by PHV,May 18 2005,19:12
crazy.gif

I think that Get Smart's look is pretty typical of Rockabilly guys. Â And his post "Are you in love with me" seemed to be meant as a joke. Â No need to get personal guys. Â We already have ernest to make fun of.
I was joking too. Obviously there are no asian Arnold wannabes.

arrogant

Reaction score
Sorry..maybe I came off a bit too strong...

I just was not feeling the wannabe arnold look...

Getsmart I hope you can accept my apology

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
dont sweat it. i've been thru enough real life conflicts to let any internet **** get under my skin.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Prada ( Miu Miu ) suede jeans. Very deep chocolate brown. I wear it to hip L.A. parties. I'm in good shape so i can pull it off.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
I have a pair of Prada ( Miu Miu ) suede jeans. Very deep chocolate brown. I wear it to hip L.A. parties. I'm in good shape so i can pull it off.

Wow, this is an old thread to bring up. This was when arrogant was not yet banned, and Get Smart had just got onto the site, iirc.

Well, good luck with your jeans man. Remember, you have to be rock star cool as well as being in good shape to pull off the look.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Wow, this is an old thread to bring up. This was when arrogant was not yet banned, and Get Smart had just got onto the site, iirc.

Well, good luck with your jeans man. Remember, you have to be rock star cool as well as being in good shape to pull off the look.

Thanks L.A. Guy, I'm enjoying them. Here's the photo of the pants:

http://www.pbase.com/image/73434984.jpg

The quality is really very good and it almost looks like they're a pair of corduroys.

Max

Reaction score
No leather pants. Ever.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it was Robert Smithson who would wear a full black leather outfit to go and check up on his Spiral Jetty sculpture.

Either way, there is a store manager, I believe, at the Goyard store in S.F. and he is what one would call a "large" man who wears suede trousers--or maybe jeans--and it does not work on him.

However, I have no discrimination against leather pants, having owning some.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LA Guy said:

Well, good luck with your jeans man. Remember, you have to be rock star cool as well as being in good shape to pull off the look.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.....think Steven Tyler, David Coverdale. That's about all I can come up with off the top of my head.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads