• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stress Acne - solution?

utspg

Reaction score
I'm 28, which means I'm too damn old to have breakouts. I had "grown out of it" several years ago. I would get the occasional pimple, but nothing serious.

But it's come back the past couple of months. My complexion overall just doesn't look good.
confused.gif

5 months ago I moved to a new city for a new job. The last 3 months or so we have been on mandatory overtime and its been pretty stressful. The combination of moving to a new city + all the overtime is causing it I think. As another indicator of my stress, I went to the dentist last week and they took my blood pressure and it was high. As someone who's been a runner for several years, I've always had good blood pressure and resting heart rate.

So, what is the best way to stop stress acne? Can this be approached from a topical standpoint? I have been using "fresh foaming cleanser" for years and that had always worked well for me. Should I try adding toner and moisturizer?

Or do I need to focus on the stress? Go get massages or something?

Another thought: it could be the environment. The city I'm in now is less humid than where I used to live. Also the water here could have something different in it that my face doesn't like.

Help please.
fistbump.gif

turbozed

Reaction score
It might be your diet. Look into that avenue too.

Eat clean and take fish oil.

Also make sure you don't go to bed without brushing your teeth (scraping your tongue also helps).

Watch your pillowcases often.

If you get pimples near your mouth and shave, invest in an aftershave.

If they are whiteheads, yank them out with slant head tweezers.

Star

Reaction score
Did your dentist also check whether you have been grinding your teeth in your sleep? Is common in people under stress and naturally not good for the stones in your mouth.

snowhite1

Reaction score
I don't know how your sleep schedule is, but sleeping a good 7-8 hours every night controlled my acne.

utspg

Reaction score
It might be your diet. Look into that avenue too.

Eat clean and take fish oil.

Diet has stayed pretty consistent. I don't take fish oil but I eat fish for dinner 3-4 days a week.

Also make sure you don't go to bed without brushing your teeth (scraping your tongue also helps).

check

Watch your pillowcases often.

K, will start doing that.

If you get pimples near your mouth and shave, invest in an aftershave.

They're more in the forehead/temple area

If they are whiteheads, yank them out with slant head tweezers.

They're typically the tumor under the skin type of pimple
angry.gif

utspg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Star
Did your dentist also check whether you have been grinding your teeth in your sleep? Is common in people under stress and naturally not good for the stones in your mouth.

Doc said I was OK on that front
smile.gif

Casey

Reaction score
Some cities are dirtier than others, and pollution may also be a cause of bad skin tone. You should try googling your city to see if that may be a cause of your acne. Maybe you could try some new products to target this. I'm sure Kiehl's had a toner or moisturizer that can brighten up your skin and help with breakouts.

If you want to immediately target your acne, I think you should try Malin + Goetz's acne treatment. Tobi is one of StyleForum's sponsors that carries this product. You get free shipping and if you visit their affiliate thread, then you can find 20% discount codes now and then if you aren't already on their mailing list. It's the only product that's worked for me and I've been searching for one for 5 years now.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll prescribe heavy doses of massages, relaxation, book reading and fun time! Those are usually helpful for stress.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads