• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stitch wants new glasses. What do you think about these?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
right now i am really into these 2. any opinions?

24.png

944.png

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

JakeLA

Reaction score
that shape of frame never looks good on anybody.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like these a lot, but are they feminine looking?
0f3b6f8d.jpg

thread is tl; dr, but those can work on you stitchy. what the majority of posters here don't understand is how strikingly masculine you are. the softer frame complements that.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

so, i went to lens crafters to try on some persols, and a pair of PRLs that jrd suggested in his PM. they only had the PRLs in black, no tort, and they only had 2 persol frames in the whole store, no tort. there is another LC about 30 minutes from me that has a whopping 3 pairs of persols. yipee!
baltimore sucks.
i think i will have to order demo pairs from a website, and send back what i dont like. this is really turning out to be significantly more difficult than i expected. :fu:

the other option is to go to dc or nyc. in ny morganthal frederics or robert marc.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i like both. this is more decent, imo.

thanks broski!

that shape of frame never looks good on anybody.

i assume you mean the 2 i just posted, but that is a rather broad statement. i may just break the mold with my mannish charm. ;)

thread is tl; dr, but those can work on you stitchy. what the majority of posters here don't understand is how strikingly masculine you are. the softer frame complements that.

obvi. :fistbump: thanks buddy, maybe ill text you the pic of them on ma sechsy face. :bounce2:

the other option is to go to dc or nyc. in ny morganthal frederics or robert marc.

thanks for the recs, its a bit of a schlep, but it may be necessary. :fu:

Christopher Essex

Reaction score

right now i am really into these 2. any opinions?
24.png

944.png

This (vs. that).

The second pair would wash you out a bit - you need a stronger-colored frame.

Have you tried some of those sites that put frames on a picture of your face to get an idea?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This (vs. that).
The second pair would wash you out a bit - you need a stronger-colored frame.
Have you tried some of those sites that put frames on a picture of your face to get an idea?

no i havent, sounds cool. link please. :)

CJG_NYC

Reaction score

Agreed - if you do go theres a few good places in Georgetown on Wisconsin (I think one is Georgetown Optician) and in NYC I got my last pair of glasses from Robert Marc's SoHo shop -- I love them! Also, in SoHo on West Broadway there are a ton of other optical shops - including an Oliver Peoples.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you tried Paris West on Charles St.? I haven't been in, but their website states they sell Persol and Oliver Peoples among other brands.
http://pariswestoptical.com/home.cfm

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Have you tried Paris West on Charles St.? I haven't been in, but their website states they sell Persol and Oliver Peoples among other brands.
http://pariswestoptical.com/home.cfm

thanks, ill give them a call. the trouble i have been having, is that all of these stores only carry like 2 or 3 frames, and they either do not do special orders at all, or only do if if its paid in full, and the sale is final.

:fu:

i found a place online that carries the persols i like and will allow returns, i think thats what i will do. i will report back with my decision.

thanks everybody for the help and suggestions. much appreciated.

Last edited:

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads