• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stereotype the users based on their WAYWRN photos

Smahatma

Reaction score
Socal appears to be a closet heterosexual trust fund kiddo that prances around as a batty boy to avoid a high society arranged marriage.

I mean that in the best possible way.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Lawyers are like lepers, hard not to spot them.

A few years ago, I had held a meeting where one party comprised several attorneys whom I knew from prior contact were quite obnoxious.

One of the other parties was from a Japanese quasi-governmental agency (aren't they all?) We were expecting a rather senior person from this agency to attend, but learned shortly before the meeting that his flight was going to be delayed and that he would miss the meeting.

This gave me an idea. I had my secretary contact the law firm to go over the final agenda, but had her note emphatically that for cultural reasons, they should expect to take their shoes off before coming into the conference room. Otherwise, the senior person Japan could be offended.

Sure enough, when they began to file in, the attorneys were in stocking feet. My assistant closed the door, and then I announced that our senior guest was unfortunately unable to come but that we should get to the agenda immediately.

The meeting went downhill for the attorneys from there, but decidedly well for the rest of us.

Moronic? Yes. Childish? Yes...but I loved it.

- B

Imperator

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
A few years ago, I had held a meeting where one party comprised several attorneys whom I knew from prior contact were quite obnoxious.

One of the other parties was from a Japanese quasi-governmental agency (aren't they all?) We were expecting a rather senior person from this agency to attend, but learned shortly before the meeting that his flight was going to be delayed and that he would miss the meeting.

This gave me an idea. I had my secretary contact the law firm to go over the final agenda, but had her note emphatically that for cultural reasons, they should expect to take their shoes off before coming into the conference room. Otherwise, the senior person Japan could be offended.

Sure enough, when they began to file in, the attorneys were in stocking feet. My assistant closed the door, and then I announced that our senior guest was unfortunately unable to come.

The meeting went downhill for the attorneys from there, but decidedly well for the rest of us.

Moronic? Yes Childish? Yes...but I loved it.

- B

That's great.

aragon765

Reaction score
A few years ago...but I loved it.

- B

Did you poop in their shoes while they were in the meeting, for the final insult?
satisfied.gif

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sure enough, when they began to file in, the attorneys were in stocking feet. My assistant closed the door, and then I announced that our senior guest was unfortunately unable to come but that we should get to the agenda immediately.

- B

worship.gif

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

- B

Remind me not to come to your parties in Geneva, Dr. Fischer.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aragon765
Did you poop in their shoes while they were in the meeting, for the final insult?
satisfied.gif

I did once have a box of adult diapers placed prominently on a conference table once and told everyone we would not be leaving the room until we had a resolution for a particular problem completely mapped out.

- B

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I did once have a box of adult diapers placed prominently on a conference table once and told everyone we would not be leaving the room until we had a resolution for a particular problem completely mapped out.

- B

Thank you for this idea.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads