• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SPRNG SMMR 2K14 FSHN

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who does HL right now ? Wasn't there talk of a sz-approved designer taking the helm last year ?

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's still Michael and Nicole Colovos,no? I have this vague recollection of Faust saying something on SZ about menswear in the next year with an announcement in September, but that may be my faltering memory or a totally different designer.

Last edited:

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Before I read anything about Siki Im I thought the wet wash towels and slides with white socks were just styling choices that were a nod to the hood in the summer, because you see that everywhere. But I guess I see now that they're like prison shower stuff. or something.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who does HL right now ? Wasn't there talk of a sz-approved designer taking the helm last year ?

rumor is plokhov is taking the helm (pun on helmut...boooooo, terrible, which is why i enjoyed it). but really, that's the rumor. he was actually approached to do it before many many years ago and it didn't materialize for whatever reason. teger should've asked about it :devil:

i liked the siki show. i was a little underwhelmed at first because it does look very plain, but looking back and seeing non-runway shots, i find i like it more than his past spring shows (his fall collections are generally better). i actually really like the tattoo prints too. when you think of how that could've been approached, it could have easily gone into ed hardy territory. i think making the prints NOT look tough was a good idea. it's kinda tongue in cheek. the whole show was that way for me. you think prison and it seems like it should be really dark and menacing, but the collection feels light and simple. (*I should add that I'm biased here for various reason and was able to see the clothes in person, which is very different than just seeing them in pictures.)

good pics available here, including more shots of the white looks, the prints, and a better look at some of the fabrics: http://models.com/mdx/siki-im-ss-14/

Last edited:

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
some of the garments look nice in those close ups/backstage pics. don't think he really pulled off the idea which was a longshot anwway. generally I like siki im and think he's a good designer but sometimes gets bogged down or muddled. were you at the presentation? what was the vibe like? my computer speakers are broken. -_-

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, lots of interesting details, double layers etc, liking that boiler suit.

rumor is plokhov is taking the helm (pun on helmut...boooooo, terrible, which is why i enjoyed it).

Involuntary pun, the responsibility of noticing and then enjoying it sits squarely on your shoulders.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the vibe was cool. it was in that parking garage on 25th or 26th (don't remember) where they do the flea market on weekends. it was very raw, so much so that the floor was all uneven and some of the models had a hard time keeping their slippers on. haha.

sometimes in his shows the clothes suffer under the weight of the concept. i could understand people seeing this as one of those instances (fall 2012 stands out to me as another). prison and hospital clothing is not very interesting to look at. a lot of the pieces looked cool on their own, but when paired with pants in the same material and the white socks and slippers everything did start to look like a uniform from an institution. i think the styling made it seem more literal than it would be if looking at the garments separately, like you would in a store for instance.

just to give an example of what I mean, if you look at the fall 2012 show and then the lookbook from the same collection they look totally different. same clothes, very different feeling

of course sometimes the high-concept thing works really well. I think fall 2013, with the aprons turned into waistcoats (a riff on the influence of workwear in men's clothing) was really good.

zapatiste

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
guess we'll be needing a atmn-fll-2k14-fshn thread soon

i'll have to admit that siki's stuff on the barney's rack looked much better than anything he's done in the past, probably due to a shift in production. still way too slim for me, and probably not very complete as a collection but there are some nice items in there for sure.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

guess we'll be needing a atmn-fll-2k14-fshn thread soon

i'll have to admit that siki's stuff on the barney's rack looked much better than anything he's done in the past, probably due to a shift in production. still way too slim for me, and probably not very complete as a collection but there are some nice items in there for sure.

Not too many designers can stand up to yohji :p

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like si and all but there's really no comparison. yohji and ann are great this season. liked a lot at the dior homme store too. much better than it looked on the runway

looking back on spring, there wasn't much I loved. i think bbs and cdg were the highlights for me, and even so I don't know how much of either i'd actually try to pick up (in part because bbs is getting more expensive by the minute)

zapatiste

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

i like si and all but there's really no comparison. yohji and ann are great this season. liked a lot at the dior homme store too. much better than it looked on the runway

looking back on spring, there wasn't much I loved. i think bbs and cdg were the highlights for me, and even so I don't know how much of either i'd actually try to pick up (in part because bbs is getting more expensive by the minute)

honestly. at this point might as well get the real deal ccp instead of kopykat productions -- trousers for 1500 ? only if they stand up on their own, please.

Last edited:

spacepope

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rick's women's was incredible imo. I think I read it on here but I remember someone saying that RO looks best worn with a big smile, and the show kind of reinforced that though in a very different way. Infinitely more interesting than a bunch of people walking back and forth––the dancing, the yelling, the aggression, the exuberance––someone else would probably do a better job describing it all but I just have to say that the show was ******* awesome and something strange and new and very appropriate. Oh and the clothes were nice too

the show

and in case you've never heard of step dancing

zapatiste

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
the clothes were hopeless (as has been the case for a while) but the show seemed entertaining. "unconventional models" and all -- i mean how many stick figures can anyone look at in a given day anyway

Zeemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rihanna wearing one of these raf s/s 2014 tops

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads