• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spring closet sale / SF benefit auction (Certo, Helmut Lang, RLPL, Luciano Barbera..)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm posting here a few items that are mostly used (some are new) but in good condition and thought may be of interest to the SF members as opposed to dropping them at the thrift store. A good opportunity to get some good stuff for a few bucks and help out SF at the same time... So put on your tuxedo, raise your paddles and make us proud
bigstar[1].gif

All the proceeds are donated to J to support styleforum costs.

This is how it works:
  • You bid by posting an offer here in this thread, don't PM me
  • You cannot edit your bid afterwards - an edited post is not a valid bid
  • There is no reserve price at all (ie. these could go for $1 shipped)
  • All items are sold as is and there is no refund possible
  • The benefit auction for all items ends on Tuesday 3/27 at 11:59pm Eastern Daylight Time, i.e. the bid won't be valid if the post time is 12:00 AM
  • If you are the winner at that time, I will ask you so send the funds directly to J (details to come)
  • I will ship the items out on Saturday next week via USPS and pay the shipping costs (only CONUS)

1. Dark brown suede Certo shoes (size 44)
Bought from Lance at VCH but I never wear them since I got a pair of suede Tramezzas that I prefer. I'm usually between a 10.5 and 11 and they fit me well. I wore them probably 4 or 5 times.
DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

2. Ralph Lauren Purple Label cotton zip-up - light blue (size L)
Made in Italy Washed it a few times and in very good conditions, no stains or rips. Length is just a tad too short for me.
Measurements taken flat without stretching it: chest 23", length (from bottom of collar) 25", shoulders across 20.5", sleeves 22.5"
DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

3. Luciano Barbera summer linen & cotton coat - dark green (size EU 54)
Got this on eBay and forgot to check the sleeve length. Way too short for me. Would fit a 44S maybe... Nice coat but only works if you have shorter arms than me or plan on taking in the body to turn it into a 40R or 42R... Color is less brown and more of a dark army green than the pictures show. Measurements: chest 24.5", shoulders 21", length 34.5", sleeves 22"
DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

4. Hilfiger winter tweed outercoat with snap-on liner - brown/tan herringbone (size L)
Bought from AlanC a few months ago but I have too many winter coats and this one feels a little too wide in the chest area. Description and measurements are here
DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

5. Helmut Lang light hoodie - white (size M)Made in Italy, where I bought it 8 years ago, i.e. when I was thin(ner)... I wore it a lot back then but it has been sitting in my closet for 5+ years (since I became a size L for good). It has a couple of very light (and clean) stains (see last pic) and I thought of sending it straight to the thrift store but I know that some people are HL collectors and may be interested in a piece from an older collection (1999)... I really loved the way it fit back then. The cut has some curved lines that give it a fitted look. Measurements: chest 20, shoulders across 18.5, length 25, sleeves 26
DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

6. New & Lingwood grenadine silk tie - mid blue
Bought this with a few other N&L ties a few months ago. The color is just too "electric" for me. Never worn. Goes for GBP 45 from N&L. They call this color "mid blue"
7. Brooks Brothers tie - light blue/aqua with medallions
Bought from another SF member; just not my taste. Never worn.
DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang those sleeves are short on the Barbera, eh? Even taking it in to a 41/42 and wearing it Euro-length, I'd need another inch or more on the sleeves... otherwise I'd be on it.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheHoff
Dang those sleeves are short on the Barbera, eh? Even taking it in to a 41/42 and wearing it Euro-length, I'd need another inch or more on the sleeves... otherwise I'd be on it.
believe me: me too!!!! My guess is that they were maybe shortened by the store? (the tags are still attached)

seok

Reaction score
$23 for SF on the hoodie, and $23 on RLPL sweater
Originally Posted by fashion_newbie
I'd start off with a $20 on the HL hoodie as well.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have that exact same HL hoody (in a size M) and can tell you that in addition to having the best fit of any hoody I've ever owned, it is also quite collectible these days, because it is Pre-Prada, from the HL Jeans line, which was the diffusion line but was discontinued when Prada bought HL later in 1999. Retail in 1999 was probably $125-150 or thereabouts (mine came from Japan and was about 16,000 yen, so I'm just guessing on the US retail).

In any case, somebody snatch it up!

brozek

Reaction score
$30 for the HL hooded sweatshirt, which I'm sure can't possibly be as rach2jlc says it is and no one else should even try to bid on it, OK? OK.
lookaround.gif

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brozek
$30 for the HL hooded sweatshirt, which I'm sure can't possibly be as rach2jlc says it is and no one else should even try to bid on it, OK? OK.
lookaround.gif

$35 for the HL hoodie...
nest.gif

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fatherseanfan
ill start at $10 for each for the ties -- $20 total.

$15 each for the ties -- $30 total.

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10 for the hilfiger coat

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads