• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spike Lee's OLDBOY (10/25/13)

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oldboy is an upcoming 2013 American thriller film directed by Spike Lee and written by Mark Protosevich. It is a remake of the 2003 South Korean film Oldboy, which is based on the Japanese manga with the same name. It stars Josh Brolin, Elizabeth Olsen and Sharlto Copley.

Josh Brolin as Joe Doucett
Elizabeth Olsen as Marie
Sharlto Copley as Adrian Pryce
Samuel L. Jackson as Chaney
Richard Portnow as Bernie Sharkey
Michael Imperioli as Chucky
Lance Reddick as Daniel Newcombe
Max Casella as Jake Preston
Elvis Nolasco as Cortez
James Ransone as Dr. Tom Melby
Hannah Ware as Donna Hawthorne
Caitlin Dulany as Emma Pryce
Linda Emond as Edwina Burke
Grey Damon as Young Joe Doucett

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wonder if they'll add a one-shot hallway fight scene from the OG?

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Curious, why?

Hate the original or hate that they are remaking it?

The original is perfect. This is going to be a ****** rip off and I can see from the trailer they're already ******* it up so that he's not ********** with his daughter. Wouldn't want to be too edgy, after all.

******* blood sucking vampire assholes in Hollywood.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How can you tell?

At 1:00 in the trailer his daughter is on the TV talking about missing him and he's watching it. So unless he gets out and knowingly has sex with his daughter it's not happening. I suppose he could be hypnotized after he gets out and made to forget her and then has sex with her, but I very much doubt it.

I'm not going to put anything in this thread in spoilers because if you haven't seen the original by now you're a terrible person and I don't care.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

At 1:00 in the trailer his daughter is on the TV talking about missing him and he's watching it.

Ah - I watched it without sound, so I didn't catch that. Who's the girl he's ********** with then?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I also saw a sex scene in that film which seems to be with Olsen and she is suppose to be his daughter after all is revealed. I mean that chick on the TV was Asian and that could just be a clip that doesn't make the film, they do that more often than you think. Or it could just be part of the news collage?

I mean it is just a preview so we really don't know how it will turn out.

I like it that the trailer seems to be sticking to the original film so far, no doubt I'll be very disappointed if they alter the ending but I can't really judge until I see the film.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

At 1:00 in the trailer his daughter is on the TV talking about missing him and he's watching it. So unless he gets out and knowingly has sex with his daughter it's not happening.

How do you know that is really his daughter? (as opposed to faked footage to help facilitate what happens later).

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How do you know that is really his daughter? (as opposed to faked footage to help facilitate what happens later).

I suppose that's possible, but you're giving an awful lot of credit to an American remake of a foreign film. Which is more likely - that the filmmakers try to make the film more complex or that they dumb it down and remove the really offensive parts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads