• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spelling Bee Champion

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't say soon. I said in around forty years. It is my PERSONAL opinion, that as the Caucasian race shrinks more and more, worldwide, this progression will accelerate. The fewer white people there are left in the world, the fewer of those left, will want to reproduce. That's just my personal opinion. Birthrates in Europe are way down, already. Worldwide, the Caucasian race is getting smaller and smaller. So from how I see things, role models like 'rich white males,' are going eventually to become rather extinct. I think they're on their way out, already.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Um, you mean latins are not caucasian?

Not that it really matters, as race is, biologically speaking, a nonsense.

Ever notice that the Canucks always come 2nd? It's just what we do ...
cold[1].gif

fareau

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivan Kipling
I didn't say soon. I said in around forty years. It is my PERSONAL opinion, that as the Caucasian race shrinks more and more, worldwide, this progression will accelerate. The fewer white people there are left in the world, the fewer of those left, will want to reproduce. That's just my personal opinion. Birthrates in Europe are way down, already. Worldwide, the Caucasian race is getting smaller and smaller. So from how I see things, role models like 'rich white males,' are going eventually to become rather extinct. I think they're on their way out, already.
This is a curious series of statements. Why do you feel that the decline in the number of white people should have any affect on the desire of those white people to reproduce? I should think the two would be very unrelated..... Higher birth rates are a typical feature of developing socioeconomic groups, particularly when the women are not professionally employed and are encouraged to have children at a younger age. The decline in Western European and white American birth rates is very intimately associated with the higher number of women in these groups embarking on professional careers and delaying marriage until an older age. If economic parity develops between the races, I suspect that birth rates will also converge....perhaps.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivan Kipling
It's just strange, everyone in America watches and slobbers over their sports stars and celebrities, as a group, not the most intellectual segment of the population
Well, not everyone. I've gotten sick of many sports stars, to tell you the truth. But, hey . . . if those concerned, think Roger Clemens is worth a fortune at age 45, he may as well go for it. What do these sports celebs, do with all of this money?

The point I was trying to make previously, was that in the coming decades the United States will become mostly Latino. Officially or unofficially, this country will likely be a Spanish speaking land. Much of what you and I grew up with, will cease to be 'standard,' in the United States. There will be new rules, set forth by the new ruling class.

Interesting days, ahead.

uv01_01.gif

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
seriously. i thought we were talking about creepy kids. -_-

Sartorian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shellshock
seriously. i thought we were talking about creepy kids. -_-

alien.gif

But you know what? You all are right, the kid's probably just creepy.

As a former school nerd, I just get worked up when some creepy kid excels at a non-sports-related pursuit and everyone highlights how creepy he is.

But I'm not going to continue defending the creepy kid. I just hope he channels his energy for the common good, and doesn't get sidetracked by some weird fascination with human anatomy or something <yeesh>.

I have no idea what the hell demographics will foretell, but I also know that sheer demographics are no barometer of political power, much as we like to tout the democratic theory in the world. The major group with power in the world persist in their white-guy-ed-ness, and while babysteps do happen, the major demographic shifts already happening really aren't having much effect on that fact. Thing is, all those non-white poor people continue to believe in the archetype of the white male ruler of the world, and until they rise up in some form of revolt, the proverbial little white dude will still rule Oz.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads