• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sorry, ANOTHER CT shoe question

Alexander Scriabin

Reaction score
Hello all,

I don't have any suede shoes. I think that this is a terrible thing.

To remedy this dire situation I have decided to resort to getting a pair of the suede monkstraps from CT (with the 50% discount link ofcourse)

Anyway, what I want to know is how do they fit? As reference, I have a pair of C&J Weymouths in a UK 11E which fit me really nicely. (Remember the 337 runs large.) If anything, they are just a TINY bit too narrow. What size in the CT monks should I go for? Should I go for a G fit or a regular fit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I've got a pair of C&J Villiers in brown coming my way. I'll post photos when I get them!

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alexander Scriabin
Hello all,

I don't have any suede shoes. I think that this is a terrible thing.

To remedy this dire situation I have decided to resort to getting a pair of the suede monkstraps from CT (with the 50% discount link ofcourse)

Anyway, what I want to know is how do they fit? As reference, I have a pair of C&J Weymouths in a UK 11E which fit me really nicely. (Remember the 337 runs large.) If anything, they are just a TINY bit too narrow. What size in the CT monks should I go for? Should I go for a G fit or a regular fit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I've got a pair of C&J Villiers in brown coming my way. I'll post photos when I get them!

I would go 10.5 in the regular F fit. The loakes will be wider than the 337 and probably as long if not long, at least in terms of "usable" space. Part of the 337 toebox isn't really meant for your toes

Alexander Scriabin

Reaction score
Do the loakes really run that big? I've got a pair of Grensons from Shipton (france) in a UK11e and they are too tight. (Wearable after stretching though) I reckon I'm more of a UK11.5 in most lasts.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
they run a little large. From half a size to almost a full size larger. I have a pair of tan derbies that needs an insole and padding under the tongue to fit. Reasonably nice shoes though (when discounted).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads