Sorry, ANOTHER CT shoe question

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Alexander Scriabin, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Alexander Scriabin

Alexander Scriabin Well-Known Member

Hello all,

I don't have any suede shoes. I think that this is a terrible thing.

To remedy this dire situation I have decided to resort to getting a pair of the suede monkstraps from CT (with the 50% discount link ofcourse)

Anyway, what I want to know is how do they fit? As reference, I have a pair of C&J Weymouths in a UK 11E which fit me really nicely. (Remember the 337 runs large.) If anything, they are just a TINY bit too narrow. What size in the CT monks should I go for? Should I go for a G fit or a regular fit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I've got a pair of C&J Villiers in brown coming my way. I'll post photos when I get them!

2. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Hello all,

I don't have any suede shoes. I think that this is a terrible thing.

To remedy this dire situation I have decided to resort to getting a pair of the suede monkstraps from CT (with the 50% discount link ofcourse)

Anyway, what I want to know is how do they fit? As reference, I have a pair of C&J Weymouths in a UK 11E which fit me really nicely. (Remember the 337 runs large.) If anything, they are just a TINY bit too narrow. What size in the CT monks should I go for? Should I go for a G fit or a regular fit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I've got a pair of C&J Villiers in brown coming my way. I'll post photos when I get them!

I would go 10.5 in the regular F fit. The loakes will be wider than the 337 and probably as long if not long, at least in terms of "usable" space. Part of the 337 toebox isn't really meant for your toes

3. Alexander Scriabin

Alexander Scriabin Well-Known Member

Do the loakes really run that big? I've got a pair of Grensons from Shipton (france) in a UK11e and they are too tight. (Wearable after stretching though) I reckon I'm more of a UK11.5 in most lasts.

4. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

they run a little large. From half a size to almost a full size larger. I have a pair of tan derbies that needs an insole and padding under the tongue to fit. Reasonably nice shoes though (when discounted).