• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Son's birthday coming up!

AJ17

Reaction score
Hello styleforum!

I am new to this forum and forums in general so if this is in the wrong place or anything needs to be different just let me know and I will get it edited. Anyway, As you can see by the title it's my son's birthday coming up and he will be turning 15!! It's really exciting, to be honest, he's starting to go out and explore (doing a few things he shouldn't) and enjoying life while it lasts.

As he is 15 now and it's very much needed, I would like to start buying him clothes and kitting out his wardrobe for his birthday but in all honesty, i have no clue where to start apart from nothing like I dress haha!! I know he is into his Adidas and Nike for hanging around with his friends then Lacoste for night time if he goes somewhere nicer but I have no idea to what color or design. And buying him the same item of clothing that he already has is just a waste of time.

So what advice can you guys give me? What kind of clothing is normally a win-win with youngsters? My last option would be to get him a gift card but even then I have no idea where the lad shops and he buy stuff online. Can you see how this is becoming hard work as he is getting older? haha I have always used this site here https://www.easyprices.com/f/Home/Result?searchWord=Adidas but if anyone has any better suggestions? I'm happy to give them a try

Looking forward to some reply's guys! help a fashion-less man out!!

Thanks

Example image below of what he's got but you would never catch him in skinny jeans.
If there is any other information you need to give you a better idea to help me, just let me know and i will add info on!!

Last edited:

AJ17

Reaction score
I actually went out of my way got a selection together on word and let my son have a look to see what he thought. Out of 12 different items of clothing he thought 1 was wearable,..... I am terrible at this game

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be honest, unless there is need for a more professional wardrobe for your 15 yr old son, I say let the lad wear what he likes until his business/social situation changes.

AJ17

Reaction score
He can wear what he likes no problem but i want to get him some presents for his b-day that he likes also. I think a gift card might be the way forward here..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads