• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

somet denim..

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by czjl
What about somet compared to dior hommes?

Somets= much better denim+ construction. Diors are what they are, high fashun jeans with barely acceptable denim quality. I like the fit on Diors better though, probably my (and lot of peoples) favorite cut of slim jeans; it's mid rise but the yoke is shaped to be worn slouched.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I'm so far over designer jeans. Somets push all the denimhead buttons without veering into 'designer jeans' territory. Subtle.

Also, Somets have an almost mind-read fit for people with skinny legs, a low-rise preference, and who are anti-hipster-skinny-jean. They're by no means a universal fit, but when those who seek find these, it's usually love.

czjl

Reaction score
Wow low rise, for skinny legs, sounds perfect. haha. Yea I get what you mean about dior jeans. I guess this is something you really have to put on to judge.

c00kz

Reaction score
Any links to literature about Somet? Or anyone with knowledge.. The website isn't helpful and retailers have pretty redundant stats and jazz.

onlinematt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pridecake
this has probably been asked a lot..but would the 008's fit similar to the 19cm's, given the rise and slimness of the jean? I love my diors..but quality is seriously lacking and they're really starting to fall apart.

Similar, yes. But the rise on the 008's will be shorter. To be sure, take a look on BiG's website for accurate measurements of each size.

If you're looking for a pair of jeans that are bomb-proof, have stiff denim, solid construction, and awesome details then you'll be happy. That's not to mention the fit, which will give you a boner the first time you try them on (size down as much as possible).

In fact, I love my 003's so much that I just pulled the trigger on a pair of 012's (low rise, slim fit, white) and a pair of 043's (low rise, slim fit, light blue). Special order through BiG should be coming through by the end of the month. Will report back, cause there hasn't been much in this thread on these two styles. I'll be happy if they're half as sweet as my 003's.

word

Reaction score
Originally Posted by c00kz
Any links to literature about Somet? Or anyone with knowledge.. The website isn't helpful and retailers have pretty redundant stats and jazz.
Sufu has a Somet thread that might have some more info.
Originally Posted by onlinematt
In fact, I love my 003's so much that I just pulled the trigger on a pair of 012's (low rise, slim fit, white) and a pair of 043's (low rise, slim fit, light blue). Special order through BiG should be coming through by the end of the month. Will report back, cause there hasn't been much in this thread on these two styles. I'll be happy if they're half as sweet as my 003's.
There's a picture of Kiya from Self Edge in the whites over at Sufu (maybe they were crossposted here too I haven't looked). They look very nice.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onlinematt

In fact, I love my 003's so much that I just pulled the trigger...

Awww yeah boy. Nice kops. It's a good sign when you love something so much you get in in every color ;-) I'm kealous.

As for links to Somet, SF is probably your best place for any additional info and pictures. They seems to get some love over at Superfuture, but not heard of any other forums I've seen (did the same search myself).

There's a thread here somewhere with a few pictures of the shop/headquarters in Japan, but the official website is very 'quiet', which seems to be the brand's zen-like attitude about hype, which I really like. Lets the product speak.

PS - Somets are one of the few jeans I got that I was satisfied with in every way right out of the box. Then they got better...

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
If/when my KMW's wear out, I'm going to get some indigo 008's. This time in Size 29.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
ZOMBIE JEANS?! I should post some pics of my rockers fades. These jeans fade beautifully, it's a light ocean blue with darker purple tones.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pridecake
this has probably been asked a lot..but would the 008's fit similar to the 19cm's, given the rise and slimness of the jean? I love my diors..but quality is seriously lacking and they're really starting to fall apart.

008's are way tighter.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
If/when my KMW's wear out, I'm going to get some indigo 008's. This time in Size 29.

Originally Posted by aeglus
KMWs don't ever die dude.

Word. If I thought that way, I'd be buried in my KMW, I think. And missing out on some other great stuff.

Lets see those rockers Eason.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
onlinematt;2735489 said:
Blabla... and a pair of 043's (low rise, slim fit, light blue).

The 043 is a straight leg, not a slim fit as 008-wise. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads