• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some thoughts on Kiton

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
I'm an analytical person by nature so I'm intrigued by what the truth really is here.

I don't think you are seeking the truth. You have thrown your dart and are now looking for paint to draw a bullseye.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roger
Dopey, have you, by chance, thought of moving on yourself (to avoid the intolerable vexation), but letting the rest of those who wish to dilly-dally here do so?
wink.gif

I have, but my selfish interests (and yours) must give way to the more pressing need of preserving Artisan Fan's mental health. These thrity plus pages have been enjoyable, but the sanity of one of our colleagues is too great a price to pay for our pleasure.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I have, but my selfish interests (and yours) must give way to the more pressing need of preserving Artisan Fan's mental health. These thrity plus pages have been enjoyable, but the sanity of one of our colleagues is too great a price to pay for our pleasure.

Why do you care if we keep gathering data? Where's the harm in that? You don't have to participate if you are bored.

You and Taxgenius probably have not even seen the videos. After watching them, let us know how much handwork you think there is.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I've had a lot of fun with this topic, I will readily admit, but I'm in the dopey camp at this point. Just because a guy doesn't seem to care that the joke's on him doesn't make it right to keep riffing on him.

the truth

Reaction score
I've been watching the production line videos on Kiton's site. There is a tremendous amount of handwork videoed there. I'm not sure how you would get all the work done without spending 20+ hours based on viewing these. There is clearly handwork shown in the hand cutting of fabric, basting of the jacket, collar, shoulder, there is hand sewing of some chest pieces, sleeve attachment, lapel notches and edge stitching, all the way to the hand pressing at the end. The videos show more clearly the amount of handwork involved end to end than the photos of the jacket deconstruction. I think the cutting, basting, and hand pressing is what some here may not be figuring in for the hours totals.
Please, stop before you hurt yourself. The evidence shown on this thread is immense and overwhelming. A Tailor corroborated it on another thread. Even a tailor at FNBs site said about the same thing after seeing the pictures. I am sure that you can find 22-26 hours somewhere, it just isn't going to be in this jacket. Also, before you start asking about the videos, yes I have seen them. I have also seen the jacket and know what handstitching looks like.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Please, stop before you hurt yourself.
Go ************* you troll. I can do what I want.

The evidence shown on this thread is immense and overwhelming. A Tailor corroborated it on another thread. Even a tailor at FNBs site said about the same thing after seeing the pictures.
A tailor did not corroborate that there was less than any number of hours in the jacket.

If you have seen the videos, what evidence do you have on the amount of handwork. It's clear your pics only tell part of the story.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lurker[1].gif
smack.gif
lurker[1].gif

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Why do you care if we keep gathering data? Where's the harm in that? You don't have to participate if you are bored.

You and Taxgenius probably have not even seen the videos. After watching them, let us know how much handwork you think there is.

I am NOT WATCHING THE VIDEO for you. I will not be your enabler. I have never worn Kiton (or Oxxford) and don't care in the least about how much hand work is in them. I just care about you. I will not watch the video. I will not tally hours. I don't care about them. I only care about you my brother.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I am NOT WATCHING THE VIDEO for you. I will not be your enabler. I have never worn Kiton (or Oxxford) and don't care in the least about how much hand work is in them. I just care about you. I will not watch the video. I will not tally hours. I don't care about them. I only care about you my brother.

Then simply stay out of the thread if you don't have anything of substance to add.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, it's disappointing to know that Kiton suits are not as hand made as we thought they were. However, I think Kiton suits are one of the best (if not the best) suit I ever put on to this date. How can't anyone not like softness and lightness of Kiton suit?

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm an analytical person by nature so I'm intrigued by what the truth really is here.

I heard Fux News was hiring
rimshot.gif

the truth

Reaction score
Go ************* you troll. I can do what I want.

A tailor did not corroborate that there was less than any number of hours in the jacket.

If you have seen the videos, what evidence do you have on the amount of handwork. It's clear your pics only tell part of the story.

You're right. It only tells the part of the story which is reality as opposed to the delusional part that you are telling. The videos are PR. They mean nothing. The proof is in the pictures and in the coat. If you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads