• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Futbol • Calcio 2011/2012

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Momentum for the FA Cup final, repaying the fans who show up at the stadium, dignity, etc.
You should never just roll over and admit defeat.
We are talking about Liverpool here, right?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

tullytra

Reaction score

Momentum for the FA Cup final, repaying the fans who show up at the stadium, dignity, etc.
You should never just roll over and admit defeat.

The only bright spot to me was that Sterling kid playing the final 15 minutes. He had a few nice crosses. If Dalglish were just looking to rest people and doesn't care about the league table, maybe he should've given Sterling a start.

Last edited:

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is dumb. I can understand not changing the rules for this particular CL final, but to say that the rules will not change for the next three years is absurd. People are being left out of the marquee game for minor infringements. What is the point of that? Players should be banned from the final for red card offenses but not a single yellow in the semi.

"UEFA will not change their rules on yellow cards for the Champions League for at least three years despite six players being suspended for the Chelsea v Bayern Munich final after being cautioned in the semi-finals.

European football's governing body have already rejected a plea for clemency from the international players' union FIFPro for the six players - three from each club - and have now stated their will be no change until at least after 2015.

Michael van Praag, the Dutch UEFA executive committee member who is head of the body's Champions League Rules group, was quoted on FIFPro's website saying: 'We have just had three sessions with representatives of the European Clubs' Association and others, in which we confirmed the rule for the coming three years."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...helsea-trio-ahead-Champions-League-final.html

Last edited:

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMO they should change it so that up to the semis you are banned for a game for three yellows or whatever it is, for the final its two or three yellows over the quarters and semis.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of on the fence about the UEFA bans.... I can understand them sticking to their guns, but also would love to see marquee players playing the biggest club match of the year. What I wouldn't appreciate though is quarters and semis full of rough challenges and diving because people know they'll get the slate wiped clean for the final. I think it's all a matter of playing smart. Sometimes you have to take the card, otherwise be careful.

:decisions:

And I agree about Liverpool yesterday - pathetic. Excited for a double header today though to decide La Liga - Malaga/Barcelona followed by Madrid/Bilbao. Two great matchups.

Last edited:

Jabonator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
30 yeard through ball to Messi, keeper comes out of the box, Messi chips it over him and puts it into the empty net. Scored 2 penalties prior to that, now has 68 goals in all competitions, breaking Gerd Müller's record of 67.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crazy goal by Cissé.

Hala Madrid - great season, Embowafa and Shah. Can't wait to do it again. That Messi goal was sweet, and what a fantastic mark to break Müller's record.

Really want Newcastle to edge out Spurs for CL.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodan11#