• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fitting Khakis?

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The problem with having super tight pants in the seat and crotch area is that you can't put things in your pockets and/or remove them easily. I don't see what the good is of that. You have to look good in clothes, but they also have to be functional.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
. . . you can't put things in your pockets and/or remove them easily. . . .

Why would you want to put things in your pants pockets? That's what your jacket is for!

In all seriousness, I agree. For utility pants, IE something where I plan on putting a bunch of junk in the pockets, I like something looser. More closely cut is great when I'm wearing a jacket, which can easily hold my card case/wallet and cellphone.

Sartorially Challenged

Reaction score
So far I tried Faconnable "European Fit," BR, J Crew Slim fit, Polo Custom Fit, and they all had this strange shape of pretty wide hip area, combined with thin thigh and leg areas -- which, yes, did make my arse area look bigger.

I am looking for a pair that is slim but also straight down from the waist, without the hip area bulge.

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I picked up a few pairs from Zara two summers again. They are made with a cotton silk mix with 1% elastic in them. Fits very slim, and is not low rise. They were however, a bit expensive for Zara, at almost $100.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Polo RL's custom fit chinos

+1, just got a pair in the mail on friday in their tissue weight from their polo.com sale. They fit perfectly with no alteration.

prozach1576

Reaction score
As was said, the cut on the Express Producer Pant is excellent if you can deal with dodgy material. I've found a couple of pairs for around $20 that were great values.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the producer pants are nice too. The material sucks and they are like $80 regular price, but if you can find them on sale, I'd pick up a couple pairs. I got a pair of glen plaid kind of chino cut from GAP last summer on clearance for like $15, I plan on wearing them even more in a month or two.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
+1, just got a pair in the mail on friday in their tissue weight from their polo.com sale. They fit perfectly with no alteration.

Yes - I have the tissue chinos in two colors and are both comfortable and slim enough

Nicesuit

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the G.I. Featherweights? I was thinking about getting a pair of those and was wondering how slim those are made and if that was their thinnest chino material?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads